1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's in & Who's oot ???

Discussion in 'Rangers FC News and Chat' started by AllAboutTheGers, Mar 20, 2017.

1. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

The inevitable discussions & tales of rumour have begun.
    Some say they expect a wholesale clear out.
    Doubtful I reckon but wtf do I know ?
    It's all only opinion anyway but it's in the post for some of them for sure

Either way here's the squad so go for it.

Who's in ?
    &
    Who's oot ?

IMG_3827.PNG
    IMG_3828.PNG
    IMG_3829.PNG

2. Eckhailitchenko

Eckhailitchenko DTB First Team Sub

Bates Toral and Hyndman are all on loan so...3
    Hill may retire possibly Senderos too....2
    As of right now the rest are trialists as it were.

3. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Sure Bates was signed up bud ??
    Anybody ??

Widget, Lochy, GG and 3 others like this.
  4. WL.GER4EVER

WL.GER4EVER DTB First Team Regular

I think there will need to be a more gradual change over the next few transfer windows, we can`t change another 15 players at one fell swoop. So, for me OOT - Kiernan, Senderos , Wilson , Kranjcar , Forrester ,O`Halloran and Garner , with Toral and Hyndman (unfortunately) returning to their parent clubs.The rest would be IN ,but in some cases in the squad , not the team.
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    Correct , signed in January .

BorderBear72 and AllAboutTheGers like this.
  5. yulf

yulf DTB First Team Sub

The problem here is,only one of them is a free agent,Senderos who should never been signed imo,the rest are on good wages so would need to be
    sold for a fee,Pedro might get better out the rest,like Wilson playing with a better partner for a start,the rest could play under a different system time
    will tell,will be good to see who M/W will try to take if he's not relegated.

AllAboutTheGers likes this.
  6. beegearama

beegearama DTB First Team Regular

Senderos can gtf, I think Miller / Clint Hill may retire and we should get rid of Halliday / Holt.

I think the rest could do a job for us short term so we don't have to replace en masse in this summer window.

herbieb and AllAboutTheGers like this.
  7. esoxranger

esoxranger DTB First Team Sub

Any thoughts on Windass, ?been a big disappointment to me

8. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

We need 2 goalies so they're in.

Senderos & Kiernan haven't impressed & can go & id be wary of offering Hill another deal, he can't keep going for ever & id rather we solved that with a longer term solution so I'd let him go too.

I'd let Forrester go, he's not consistent enough.
    I won't include Hyndman or Toral, as loans it's very likely they will be off at seasons end but i'd only look to keep Hyndman if given the choice.

I'd let MOH go, he's just not done enough so far & his commitment to the cause is questionable.
    Miller, I'd offer a one year player/coach deal as reward for his services & in recognition of the fact that he can still offer the squad something.
    And I'd let Waghorn go, he can score goals but he's not a winger, or a midfielder, or an out & out striker, he's not particularly fast or much of a target man & he's a greedy bugger, which wouldn't matter so much if he scored more but he doesn't really.

The rest can stay & try & impress me.

BorderBear72, Widget and Zepp like this.
  9. ip63

ip63 DTB First Team Regular

When you think about it the situation is not so clear and Ped the Ted has a job this summer.
    I like both Hyndman and Toral ( improving as he gets fitter ) but they will be off.
    Holt has been disappointing this season but since the snake has gone there are signs of improvement.
    Halliday gets the remainder of the season to impress.
    Goalies ok.........I think.
    Centre Backs. Wish we got Hill 10 years ago. They can all go. Maybe keep Wilson as cover.
    Full backs have a lot to prove but maybe with the new system that was all they needed.
    McKay has to man up and be more consistent. Has all the skill in the world but no appetite or hunger to succeed.
    Miller ok off the bench.
    Dodoo.......who knows.
    The rest.......not impressed playing in the top league but they have until seasons end to impress the gaffer.........and us.

A wee mention for Nico.
    I really hope he gets his fitness back as I love watching his passes and vision.
    Most likely won't recover but the miracles of modern medicine may work in his favour.

Widget, Zepp and AllAboutTheGers like this.
  10. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Needs a run of games I'd say
    Hasn't impressed me but hasn't really played often enough to make a definitive judgment.

Widget and Zepp like this.
  11. Zepp

Zepp DTB Star Player

Some others im not 100% on - dodoo dont know if he has anything to offer moving forward if he cant oust miller, waghorn or mackay....... rossiter - I think there is major issues with him and we might just be fixing him for someone else to get the benefit out of if he actually does play again........ wilson - as someone else said, the guy looks like he cant be fucked trying, laboured, slow, not great in the air and thinks his passing is better than the reality of his passing.

Widget, SL Loyal, ip63 and 1 other person like this.
  12. herbieb

herbieb DTB Reserve Regular

If Miller and Hill retire then let Senders go Hyndman and Toral are loan players I would definitely get rid of Halliday as the team has improved with him not there to me Holt has strengthened up last couple of games and deserves a chance the rest I will wait and see if Pedro can bring them on and prove they are worth keeping.

13. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Get ur angle on Dodoo m8, he's another though that really should be given a run of games to see if he has got something to offer.
    Rossiter has time on his side & showed enough when he was fit to say he could be a good player.
    Wilson I get ur view totally, I just see him as the best of a bad bunch & we canny really sling everybody, so I'd give him a bit more time also.
    But he'd need to work damn hard coz as it stands I'd be giving bates his jersey to see what he can do.

Zepp and ip63 like this.
  14. CookieMonster

CookieMonster DTB Reserve Regular

I wouldn't entirely rule out one/both hyndman and Toral on loan for another season.

AllAboutTheGers and Zepp like this.
  15. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Read an article earlier today talking about Hyndman keeping in regular touch with Bournemouth & the emphasis was on him looking to return to fight for his place.
    Paper talk ? bullshit ? Who knows ?

Zepp likes this.
  16. Zepp

Zepp DTB Star Player

I would imagine playing against some of the better players in europe at least a few times a season would be a bigger draw than we can offer in the spl.

Widget and AllAboutTheGers like this.
  17. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Yep
    Most of these loan signings are only ever going to come up here on a 6 or 12 month deal.
    Any longer away from their parent club & they are totally out of the picture.

Widget and Zepp like this.
  18. Widget

Widget DTB First Team Regular

If Miller and Hill retire, as some suggest, we're fucked unless we spend big. These 2 are the main men right now but i seriously doubt either will ve retiring any time soon.

As for the rest, apart from the loanees, id only keep Tav (on recent form) and McKay (on past form)

19. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

That's a mean axe u swing fella

Widget and Bruno55 like this.
  20. Bruno55

Bruno55 DTB Star Player

Two too many for me allabout? Lol the hat has wasted all our young reserve players he shot all their confidence down putting them out to duff scottish first and second division sides to bring in all his own duffers...

21. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Maybe bud.
    It's doubtful tho if any more than a handful of the youngsters would have been ready for promotion to the first team.
    Our fans are too demanding in their expectations for any more than a couple of youngsters being drip fed into the squad at any one time.

Kyle237 and ohmydosh1972 like this.
  22. Always Blue

Always Blue DTB Star Player

The problem is not who Rangers no longer want but which players are prepared to look for a new club at the same wages.

Some mentioned eg Holt is on long contract so why would he go and anyway what club would want him and pay him the same.

If we have a chance to lose players it will probably be the ones we want to keep. Nearly all who are here be present will be here next season and will only decide to find another club if they don't get game time.

We will be stuck with players we don't want for another season although Pedro will bring a few of his own.

ronto and AllAboutTheGers like this.
  23. BorderBear72

BorderBear72 DTB Reserve Sub

Hopefully Pedro can get a lot more out of the players than we seen under the snake, as a total rebuild would be a fucking nightmare.

I would go with

Goalkeepers
    In - Fod, Alnwick

Defence
    In -Tav, Hill, Wallace & Hodson.
    Out - Kiernan, Wilson, Senderos & Bates, none of them can defend & are terrible footballers, Bates on the other hand i know nothing about.

Midfield
    In - Toral, Hyndman ( if we could get them on loan again) Holt, Rossiter & I would also keep Kranjcar if he could stay fit as he was our best midfielder at the start of the season, though he is getting on a bit.
    Out - Windass, Forrester, Halliday & Crooks, Not good enough for this league, simple as that really.

Forwards
    In - Mckay, Miller, Dodoo.
    Out - Garner, MOH, Waghorn.
    MOH is an empty shirt & totally uninterested, Garner & Waghorn always give there all but they cant get us goals.

As folk are saying though they all have till the end of the season to prove themselves.

24. Bruno55

Bruno55 DTB Star Player

It's only my opinion allabout and our fans want success Yesterday....

25. ohmydosh1972

ohmydosh1972 DTB First Team Sub

O
    Out for me....

Senderos
    Possibly Hill.
    Kiernan

Halliday
    Forrester
    O halloran
    Windass (if they can get a fee for him)

All the rest can be worked with I reckon.

I'd like to see in
    Commanding centre half (easier said than done, I know)
    Centre half with pace (easier said then done, I know)

A left back unless the manager has confidence in beerman to step up and compete.

A midfielder who can mix it up, neat and tidy on the ball but can put a tackle in (Rossiter!!!!!!!!!!)

A right winger with proper pace who can cross a ball.

A target man/mobile striker.

I'm expecting the manager to unearth some gems (not based on any great research but optimism).

Easy as that!

26. Karl in SC

Karl in SC Club 1872 Contributor

I'm going to wait and give everyone a few games with the new gaffer before deciding who should stay and who should go. We've had a few that looked like changed men under Murty and the one match under Pedro.

27. ohmydosh1972

ohmydosh1972 DTB First Team Sub

I
    I would think he will be going back.
    They spent a decent fee on him and they will get a young player back who has experienced a physical league and playing in big pressure games in front of big crowds.

I would imagine if they do loan him out again it would be to the higher end of the championship in England.

Would love him to stay though because he is a class above what we have in midfield...2 classes infact!
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    I
    I would think he will be going back.
    They spent a decent fee on him and they will get a young player back who has experienced a physical league and playing in big pressure games in front of big crowds.

I would imagine if they do loan him out again it would be to the higher end of the championship in England.

Would love him to stay though because he is a class above what we have in midfield...2 classes infact!

28. ronto

ronto Club 1872 Contributor

Most will stay as they are under contract so we are limited as to the changes we can make.
    If we're lucky enough I'd let Senderos & Kiernan go. Their combined wages could bring a decent centre half.
    Same in midfield with Halliday & MOH to bring in a real leader in the centre of the pitch.
    Same up front either Waghorn or Garner go (hope we keep Dodoo) & bring in a striker who can actually score goals.
    Would keep Hill & Miller. They are leaders & we don't have enough of them at the moment.
    So three hopefully decent signings to strengthen the spine of the team.
    Add to that Kranjcar, Rossiter & Crooks. If we get them fit it's effectively three new signings as well.
    Same with Windass if ever gets fully fit.
    Don't think we need wholesale changes just two or three quality players but they have to be quality not just squad players.

29. Jonno

Jonno DTB Addict

Hearing stories that Warburton will come in for Kiernan, Halliday and Tavernier at the end of the season. I'd let all three go in a heartbeat.

Another I would let go is Barry McKay - I personally don't rate him but he could command a fee that could be used to help pay for replacements.

Others I would let go are Senderos, Forrester, O'Halloran and Waghorn. Crooks I would add but is he worth keeping to see what he can actually do?

30. Always Blue

Always Blue DTB Star Player

Could be wrong but I think that Pedro might just be the man to get MOH and Waggy playing the way he wants. Pedro likes fast attacking players and MOH is the fastest we have. Some say he is not interested but I don't agree with that. He is nearly always a sub and if we score when he is on he is one of the first to celebrate the goal. Have not checked recently but is Waggy not our top scorer.

Some want to keep Dodoo and Crooks ... just how often have we seen them play.

The ones I would want to go are Halliday, Holt, Kiernan and Wilson but they all have contracts and unless their pal MW wants them we are stuck with them.

I don't expect to see Hyndman, Toral or Kranjcar again which is a shame.

WE cant add to the squad without letting some go and that could prove very difficult thanks to MW. getting in players we did not need.

31. Bruno55

Bruno55 DTB Star Player

I would defo like to see windass and crooks stay both boys look as if they can come good. Holt would be good cover I would keep Tav im really running out of names who look strong enought to play in this tough spl league...

32. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Think we'll need to let Pedro get on with his own ideas and vision of who we do and don't need from present squad moving forward.
    Keeping Hyndman and Toral would be a massive bonus.
    Crooks Dodoo and Bates I can't comment on , seen more of Lord Lucan riding Shergar down Edmiston Drive than that trio.
    As for the rest I'd let any of them go that we can command decent money for.
    But TBH the majority will be with us for some time yet.

#32 Cody, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  33. Widget

Widget DTB First Team Regular

Call it as i see it mate

34. shiftysharp

shiftysharp DTB First Team Regular

A fair few of the guys we have are all still relatively young and will improve with the right input into their style and mindset!
    So from that point of view I am willing to give most a fair crack of the whip under pedro.
    It will be interesting between now and the start of next season that's for sure :thumbsup:

AllAboutTheGers and Karl in SC like this.
  35. Stubo

Stubo Suspended (Temp)

Out

Senderos
    Kiernan
    Forrester
    Halliday
    Hodson
    Windass
    Crooks
    Garner
    MOH

In

2 CB's
    RB
    DM
    CM
    RWF
    CF

36. 1912

1912 DTB First Team Regular

Keep:
    Wes, bigger fish to fry just now.

Tav, been ok last 4 or 5 games.
    Hill, another season at most but need a replacement found this season for next.
    Wilson, as a reserve in the hope he might turn good.
    Wallace, maybe not a captain, but he's been decent as well since MW left.

Rossi, season to get fit or gtf.
    Toral, he not out of contract soon, starting to look better in each game in not his natural role.
    Hyndman, but won't get the option sadly.
    Windlass, needs a season to show his worth to see if he's any good.
    Crooks, same as Windass.
    Holt, same as Wilson.

McKay, has the ability when he can be arsed.
    Garner, I think he's a great option when needed.
    Miller, same as Hill.
    Doddo, same as Crooks and Windass.

Trialist:
    Waggy, Up to him to prove his worth in remaining games this season.
    Hodson, same as Waggy.

13 from the current squad it would seem, 15 if we can retain Hyndman and Toral.............

From them I'd only want 6 or 7 , maybe 8 including both loans to start in the first 11 next season with the rest in reserve whilst being developed properly, so looking for 4 or 5 first team player as a minimum to start next season with.........

37. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them please

38. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Heard Toral has already signed an extension at Arsenal.

39. 1912

1912 DTB First Team Regular

Wasn't sure what his situation was, that'll be that fucked then, getting him for nowt and paying inflated wages might have been manageable, not with a transfer fee lumped in too.......

40. cradle.to.grave

cradle.to.grave Club 1872 Contributor

Out: Senderos. Terrible signing.
    Hyndman and Toral. They're not ours. We can't afford to sign them.
    In: Everyone else.
    It's up to Pedro to get a tune out of them. Most have shown at some time that they've got at least something to offer. If decent offers come in for any or all of them, the decision will be for Caixinha ro make

41. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

42. esoxranger

esoxranger DTB First Team Sub

I said end of last season Halliday was the weak link in the side and the majority disagreed, and granted there has been a few but he for me has been the worst

43. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

It can't be denied that the team has performed better without him in it.

44. dutchblue

dutchblue DTB Star Player

I think I'd rather just wait and see what the new boss does with the current guys.

Don't we have a goalie, Kelly or something out on loan to Livvy or so?

45. cradle.to.grave

cradle.to.grave Club 1872 Contributor

Honestly think goalkeeper is the least of our worries. Big Wes is a top keeper imho
    MW insisted he played the ball out from the back to CD or full backs, and while there were a few heart in mouth moments, I thought his distribution was pretty good. That coupled with the fact he pulled off some fantastic saves at crucial times and saved us points more than once or twice makes me think he's one to stock with, rather than trying to replace.
    Wes was one of MWs few successes.imo