1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The official DTB Rangers v Hibs match thread***

Discussion in 'Rangers FC News and Chat' started by LJ1987, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:39 AM.

1. Arh_itsnotjustagame

Arh_itsnotjustagame Club 1872 Contributor

I hope you're right bud... Although, I heard the 'Celtic are over rated' and the 'we aren't that far behind them' chat at the beginning of last season aswel and they went undefeated and absolutely destroyed us twice so... I was also guilty of thinking we were a dead cert for second before a ball was kicked last year and we know what happened. So I dunno, I wish I had your confidence but displays like yesterday makes me think we're still chasing second this year.

Widget and obiwan72 like this.
  2. Blue bear

Blue bear DTB Pub Team

Ginger prik came with a plan and we fell for it. Others will do the same. We need to be wiser. Refs in this country are corrupt like the rest of sfa. No 1 likes us we don't care! :uk:

Eckhailitchenko and obiwan72 like this.
  3. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Been trying to clear the red mist but finding it very difficult under the circumstances.
    Like quite a few others on here I've been following Rangers for a long time a very long time.
    I can go back to early 60s with some of my clear memories and before with little snippets.
    In ALL that time I've NEVER heard the majority of the Rangers support react in the manner we have after that game yesterday.
    Of course I've heard criticism of match officials and of opposition players conning the referee etc it's all part of the game. Usually it's a bit of a moan about these things and we move on to next match.
    This is COMPLETELY different, In all my years I have never heard the words WE WERE CHEATED come from so many Rangers supporters at the same time. In the ground on supporters bus on way home then on here and elsewhere "cheated" comes up time and again
    If the club doesn't take action and protest in the strongest possible terms at the blatant bias shown against us by Beaton, I fear we will be saying these things on a weekly basis.
    It's bheast FC behaviour doesn't wash ( no pun intended) The hobo players were cheating from first few minutes and Beaton allowed them to do so then joined in himself.
    His integrity lies in a million pieces this morning, and if he isn't struck off the match officials list with the SFA they are even more corrupt than I thought.

4. Pathfinder

Pathfinder DTB First Team Sub

After the sending off the game changed no doubt about it. Some people are giving Pedro stick for his tactics in the second half. Well the way i see it is, he had to do something and he did and i for one applaud him for doing so. Some say he should have gone for a conservative 4-4-1 which is valid considering your personal preferences on how you like to see the game played, if we were playing away he probably would have played 4-4-1 but we were at home. Instead he went with 3-3-2. For me anyway i think it was a positive move although it did not pay off but we were unlucky not to get a draw.

I like the message it conveyed, we are Rangers we are at home and no matter if we have 11 or 10 we are coming after you. If you want to win on our patch you are going to have to work for it regardless. Making Ibrox our fortress again, sends the message to all teams no more easy points. I just wonder if we did have a Rangers man as a coach he could have advised the staff and players to Lemmons antics and the antics he installs into his players when facing us. At least they all have experienced it now and will be ready next time.

We were under pressure no doubt Hiv's had 5 and and mostly 6 in midfield in the second half against our three which forced miller back into midfield to try and get a sniff of the ball. It was a hard task for the players no doubt but as others have commented they never gave up and we could have nicked a draw. I agree with others comments that perhaps last years team would have crumbled under that pressure. We don't have the team our the money at the moment like our great teams of the past but we will get there.

5. hudda daddeh

hudda daddeh Moderator
    Staff Member

The first two defy belief. The third is hard to call because it's such a stramash...

6. "The Oracle"

"The Oracle" "Babayaga " " the boogy man"

The appeal will be rejected and all other matters swept under the carpet,at this moment in time we hold no influence or authority with Scottish football.

bigbluenose likes this.
  7. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

Correct me if I'm wrong here, as always ...

I think I mind saying a while back that I was actually very disappointed in the SFA that they had seemed to throw a ref under the bus when scum fc kicked up merry hell at a whistlers performance & demanded action ?

I'm sure that did happen & while of course I'd have been pissed off at them & their griping, I'm pretty sure I was mair pissed aff at the authorities for not circling their wagons & protecting their own.

Sure, refs in general up here aint that good but back in the day, whether they'd been shit or not the authorities never failed to back their men, & we all knew where we stood, whether u agreed or not imo u had to respect them backing their own, until scum fc had finally corrupted the system & were demanding things their way.

If our club decides to play the game like everybody else & launches an attack on the reffing standards yesterday, I'd be interested to see how the authorities react.

Far as I saw there are legitimate concerns to be raised about the "performance" of Beaton.

I wonder if they will back their man this time ?

doubledutch likes this.
  8. Pathfinder

What ever way you cut it that performance from the ref was unacceptable for a third division match never mind a flagship SPL game. If there is not serious repercussions for that plus lemmons incitement then something is seriously rotten in the Scottish game.

Karl in SC and Blue_Blood like this.
  9. Evaldo

Evaldo Club 1872 Contributor

Think we both know the answer to this mate.

AllAboutTheGers likes this.
  10. Pathfinder

I think all we want mate is a level playing field.

Widget and AllAboutTheGers like this.
  11. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

The bheast griping about human error and us kicking up feck about blatant shameful bias are 2 different things bud.
    The wagons will be circling as we speak.

12. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Well if they treat us any differently it's up to the club to kick up hell imo m8.

I'd happily settle for that.
    Wouldn't want it any other way.

That's the way it's been for too long bud.
    Time that kinda piss was stamped on.
    This is as good a time as any to start imo.

Cody and Pathfinder like this.
  13. bluegenes

bluegenes DTB Supporter

Ref bias against us is not a new accusation....like older posters,I lived through most of their nine in a row,and have many memories of goals against the Scum being mysteriously disallowed,Rangers players being sent off for being victims of foul play,and of course the famous 6 week ban imposed on Colin Stein to ensure he missed the cup final against them....Willie Johnston was a hothead, but there is no doubt refs targetted him,playing a major part in him going to England... yet all through that time,Jock Stein convinced the Scum fan basr and the media that refs were systemically anti-Celtic,openly saying that Celtic had to play 12 men every week....I am sure a referee was removed before because Rangers complained about him after an OF game...in the Sixties?...sure @Cody will know.

Widget likes this.
  14. Always Blue

Always Blue DTB Star Player

We will wait and see what happens with the appeal. Rangers do make it known about referees although not a graphic as some would probably like. lol.
    Referees stick together and that can be a problem. Beaton will no doubt have pals one of whom might be at our next game.
    In Scotland we find it difficult to get good refs so we just have to live with what we have in order that there are enough to keep all the clubs playing. Some of those in the Caledonian League would in my view be good as often as not they do not have linesmen and keep well up with play.

Karl in SC likes this.
  15. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

I've seen the footage now from the other camera angle that's doing the rounds.
    It does show Ryan Jack putting his head in so if that was what the ref saw then that's fair enough for me.
    But it doesn't explain why Beaton chose to overlook so many blatant fouls from Hibs.
    The one on Morelos is obvious & could also easily be interpreted as a foul by the last man.
    I'd say the main talking points though concern Stokes.
    How the hell he was still on the park after all that he was involved in defies belief.
    If the club do decide to take a stand & make an official complaint regarding the refs competence, I don't see how anybody could defend the guy.
    His decisions were inexplicable.

16. Blue_Blood

Blue_Blood DTB Reserve Regular

Wow. I can't even .... Nope.

OK. There's times on the net when a penny drops.
    Realising you have no clue who you're really speaking with a responsible user thinks it's time to stop.
    Now is one of those times.

Thank you for our discussion. I respect your opinion. But I'd like to leave it there, thanks.

17. obiwan72

obiwan72 DTB First Team Regular

For me its easy to see we have a better team than last year. I wont go n say were defo gonna be 1st or 2nd but looking at this team and the players we have, and the fact that we didnt colapse yesterday, we faught back gives me enough to have some confidence that we will start to put all these teams down.

18. Blue_Blood

I've only watched the first half again so far. I was watching Beaton throughout the match more than I would normally watch a referee. There were a few incidents which caught my eye.
    1. He was looking right at the Stokes high rugby challenge on Tav. Unobstructed just yards away. He reacted immediately moving straight in incase of trouble. So he saw it 100%.
    2. The dressing down he gave to Candeias telling him he was the boss was way OTT. His hand actions were for our benefit. He was showboating. Candieas just looked at him as if to say WTF?
    3. At the red card. He waited and waited, trying to position the players as if directing a play or something. Before waiting until he knew all eyes would be on him to create the biggest drama possible when brandishing the red card.

Signs of a referee who has crossed the line. I suppose this might happen to most of them. Difficult not to get carried away with yourself. But it's up to his bosses to remind him who the players on the pitch are, and how anonymous he should really be.
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    Don't see how there couldn't be. He can't play his victim of bigotry card this time when it was our Portugese management team that are making the complaint.

19. SL Loyal

SL Loyal Club 1872 Contributor

Point number 2...that wank stain of a referee Wedensday night done the exact same thing to the same player!

Blue_Blood likes this.
  20. Rangersforever

Rangersforever DTB Reserve Sub

Mate you're living in cloud cuckoo land. They're streets ahead of us and will remain so until this shitty defence is sorted out. You've got to be a realist and see the thing as it is. If we lose to Hibs at home how many other teams are also gonna have a shout at beating us? Hibs are shite, how did they manage to beat us?

SL Loyal likes this.
  21. Blue_Blood

Never noticed that. 2 referees in 2 games telling Candieas to keep his mouth shut about the rough treatment he's receiving.
    Something we'll need to keep an eye on I think. His pace and delivery are becoming a real feature. Threat perhaps?

22. bigbluenose

bigbluenose DTB First Team Regular

There is no doubt we have improved but so have others around us.
    It will be a battle for second place and that is the best we can hope for.

I have read in here over the last few months how the scum are not that good themselves and the media build them up.
    The fact is they are miles ahead after all we have bought and sold not one of our players would get in their team.
    They put out a second string and pumped killie 5-0
    The sad fact is in my oponion we are three year at least behind them and thats if we buy the right players with very little flops and the board back the manger in every window

23. Blue_Blood

Jeez oh. Not sure I'm comfortable with this direction.

However change is needed. I think it's time that the whole of football, in every county seperated the football associations from the monitoring of referees. There should be a completely independent group of individuals from other countries for this specific purpose. That way we don't need foreign referees. But each one will know they are being scrutinised properly in every match.

24. 1912

1912 DTB First Team Regular

Some 400 posts on here worth reading about why we got beat yesterday mate......

Widget likes this.
  25. doubledutch

doubledutch DTB Reserve Regular

Wow such optimism

26. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

[Your correct in part mate but think you've got your wires crossed a wee bit.
    I'm thinking the referee you're talking about is Hugh Phillips.
    He awarded TWO penalties against Rangers in 1965 League Cup Final
    There was NO official complaint from Rangers but he never took charge of an Old Firm game again. He did in fact continue to referee at the highest level
    This led to aspersions being cast from bheast fc support that Rangers had objected to his taking charge of an OF game as they saw him as bheast fc friendly
    You were close bud but no cigar on this occasion :wink:

Although you may be referring to someone else.
    Hugh Phillips is the only one of a high profile there was a fair bit of controversy about that I can think of from that era.
    We could fast forward a few years to the bheast v sheep cup final of 1970 and one Bobby Davidson
    Nothing to do with us of course but there were allegations made that Davidson was at a Masonic do the night before the final and told the assembled Brethern that the sheep would without doubt win the cup the next day. ( as a wee aside Martin Buchan sheeps captain that day is my mothers wee cousin)
    By all accounts in the media he gave as biased a performance against them as Beaton did us yesterday.

#477 Cody, Aug 13, 2017 at 6:19 PM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 8:23 PM
  27. Karl in SC

Karl in SC Club 1872 Contributor

In my few years on DTB, I've seen complaining about the refs, but never at this scale. After seeing the clips of the fouls by Hibs, at least one of their players should be banned for weeks, if not arrested for assault.

28. Lochy

Lochy Club 1872 Contributor

I tend to stick up for refs a bit more than many - or at least try to put in a bit from their point of view but cannot in this case - an absolute shocker ...one bad decision can be made as refs are human but this was continuous.

Widget, Karl in SC and Cody like this.
  29. Rangersforever

Rangersforever DTB Reserve Sub

True but mate you know that.

30. bluegenes

bluegenes DTB Supporter

I was at 1970 final (schoolboy enclosure tickets),and apart from one fairly routine penalty he didn't give them,don't recall much other stuff....will look up the other stuff...sure it was relating to ref not booking a Celtic player (John Hughes?)for a foul in a game at Parkhead....watch this space.

Cody likes this.
  31. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Jim Callaghan missed Hughes assaulting Bud Johnston off the ball and was suspended by SFA 68/69 ??
    Don't know if his suspension was down to a complaint from Rangers or if the SFA acted by themselves.

Blue_Blood and bluegenes like this.
  32. bluegenes

bluegenes DTB Supporter

That's the one.....think Rangers pushed things behind scenes......just reading about it in one of my Rangers books....so half a cigar each!

Cody likes this.
  33. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Hughes had already been booked and linesman called Callaghan over seen a report that when he spoke to Hughes he said something along the lines of "Cmon John ye cannae dae that" and waved him away.
    Later when asked why he didn't send him off he said he didn't want to incite the crowd.
    Enjo,y yer half corona :LMFAO:

Blue_Blood and bluegenes like this.
  34. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne DTB Reserve Sub

Jack red card needs to be appealed, obviously. The rest of our energy needs to be spent on our own side sorting out tactics and defense. Again, Pedro isn't the man for this job and this will be a ruthlessly rough season. All can be forgiven if we beat Celtic (somehow).

35. smiddy

smiddy DTB First Team Regular

1 the red card will stay red 2 pedro has to be given time 3 we might beat celtic in one off the games this season 4 most off the rangers fans know we wont win the league best place is second for us.

Blue_Blood likes this.
  36. BIG BLU

BIG BLU DTB First Team Regular

Lemmon now playing victum kard

Quell surprisee

37. Jako

Jako DTB First Team Regular

Before a ball was kicked i said the Lemon had a good squad together and i stand by that , i will also put money on them taking something from the Mhankies as well when the time comes . I was angry at the way the game went , but with Wallace and Nico we would have won that game so all in all ( and i say that as someone who was not keen on bringing a foreign manager in at all ) i have moderated a bit .This is a MUCH better squad than we had last season, there is no doubt about that at all IMO . So Fk Timmy , its early doors and We go again nothings changed .

38. Blue_Blood

If you had just put 'probably between we and won't in your last sentence I'd have given you a like there :mhmm:
    {Edit: Uch .. gave you one anyway :D}
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    I've been waiting on the fake/exagerrated abuse/threat revelations to deflect away from who the real bigot is, and as you say, I've not been disappointed. It's a well trodden path now. Just watched BBC reporting Scotland and they couldn't hide their delight at being able to change the narrative of the story to 'poor Lenny the victim'. Thats now the mainstory with crowd incitement just a side issue. Interestingly BBC News in London still reporting Lennon as the troublemake that he is. The contrast is stark.

It's time someone at BBC HQ stepped in and cleaned up BBC Scotland. I'm not gonna even start on Chris McLaughlin's article on the matter here because I'm about to write a new substantial thread about that in a minute.

#489 Blue_Blood, Aug 14, 2017 at 7:45 PM
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 2:13 AM
  39. hudda daddeh

hudda daddeh Moderator
    Staff Member

He was handed a victim card mate of course he's gonna play it! This was an open and shut case until that statement and the stupid fuckin death threats

40. hudda daddeh

hudda daddeh Moderator
    Staff Member

41. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

I get about 3 death threats every week at my work.

So do thousands of others.

What makes that wee prick so fukn special ?

Police Scotland are investigating ...

Online stuff is right up their street, it's all there in front of them, buggers hardly need to even do any work.

I mind one time they bounced me about for 3 fukn hours just because they couldnae be fukn bothered to write out a simple hit & run report.

Lazy basturts.

Blue_Blood and Widget like this.
  42. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

Why the fuck would somebody send another person death threat's anyway

43. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Probably because they're stupid

Zepp and Pathfinder like this.
  44. Zepp