1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The official DTB Rangers v Hibs match thread***

Discussion in 'Rangers FC News and Chat' started by LJ1987, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:39 AM.

1. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

I was fukn shite at football, but like all of us, I played the game all my young days until I got to the kind of organised level where I simply wasn't up to it at all.
    One thing I'd never be faulted for though was a bit of commitment & going in where it mattered whatever the situation.
    Actually mind my PE teacher at the high school said to me he had considered me for the school team, not because I was good enough, because I was average at best, but because there wasn't enough folk in the team willing to do what had to be done & he knew I'd have flew intae any situation head first without even considering the consequences.
    I was like u bud, would have ran the length of the field to boot some fukr up the arse if required.

Cody, dutchblue, Widget and 1 other person like this.
  2. Blue_Blood

Blue_Blood DTB Reserve Regular

Well, true enough. There's always that. :nailbite:
    Guilty!!!! It's that time of night :zzz:

3. dutchblue

dutchblue DTB Star Player

In the normal course of refereeing I'd say we've had our 'fair' share of mistakes and bias, but I think that the present bias is so against us, it's corrupt.

You don't need to agree with me, I'm paranoid so it's probably best just to ignore it.

Unfortunately, being afflicted by suspicion and what I see, I can't so easily turn a blind eye.

Pathfinder and Cody like this.
  4. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Soon as the handbags kicked off I turned to my son and said £100 says a Rangers player gets a red card here.
    Just KNEW it was the chance Beaton had been hoping for.

bigbillyblue, Widget and dutchblue like this.
  5. broxiranger

broxiranger DTB First Team Regular

Your posts remind me of this Shiite
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    Would love to show you but the forum blocking any image with the word feenian.

6. Arh_itsnotjustagame

Arh_itsnotjustagame Club 1872 Contributor

What a result like this shows is that we should expect Hibs - along with Aberdeen and Hearts (when they get their act together) - to be taking points off us and each other this season. These teams are not way ahead of us, unfortunately there's still very little between us. And that's pretty frustrating.

However, last season we were 2 for 2 head-to-head against Aberdeen, 2 for 2 against Hearts, 2 wins and 2 draws against St Johnstone... It will probably be the similar against Hibs so it's not going to be these teams that will decide our position in the league.

What I am really hoping is at the very least (!!!) we will have improved enough to cut out most of the mistakes against the teams that we should be beating comfortably. Hamilton, Kilmarnock and County all took points off of us at home last season (that should not be happening). and Motherwell and Dundee on the road - I am hoping that we show a lot more consistency against these teams and manage to gain a 15-20 point improvement from those games. Cut out those mistakes this season and we will be in second.

The most disappointing thing is to have spent what we have and still be so far behind Celtic. We should really only be worrying about them but the truth is they are still a whole different level from the rest.

#411 Arh_itsnotjustagame, Aug 13, 2017 at 1:07 AM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 1:14 AM
  7. Pathfinder

Pathfinder DTB First Team Sub

What part of seeing it live AND and commenting on DTB while it was live do you not understand? What part of watching the video after the match to confirm what i watched and commented on at the time on DTB do you not understand?

"So Pathfinder and the Daily record see the same video we do and they both come up with the same opinion. Interesting." I was misinterpreting your words OK

If we are going to be frank you talk nonsense from my point of view.

If you think i am wrong and you are right that's your prerogative it does not mean it is a correct assumption.

There is nothing wrong with asking you why you cannot accept my point of view. There has to be a reason? I does not bother me that you feel i was the one being personal when there is only one person being personal so i suggest you read your own post before stating falsehoods. I mean you even believe i lost the your argument when it started off with nothing to do with what i was commenting on.

Disagreeing with another's opinion is not calling them out. Just remember when you disagree with someone else's opinion does not make it wrong and your opinion right. For the record i will say this again i would NEVER say anyone's opinion is wrong OR my own is correct.

" Now, here it is again close up. Do you see Jack grabbing McGeouch shirt and pushing him away? Good. Now please stop now." As you yourself point out he grabs the boy (from behind and the Glf shows this - when i push something i do not grab it i push it) as i have said all along and then throws him to the side and down. You have stated up until now Jack pushed him not grabbed him. So you tell me i am wrong and you are right. You see one thing and i see another i accept that is what you saw no worries. But you do not accept what i see even though the video evidence leans to what i observed.

Look i am going to block you because neither of us is going to back down and i am sure fellow bears are fed up of the bickering.
    Code:
    [​IMG]

#412 Pathfinder, Aug 13, 2017 at 1:09 AM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 1:25 AM
  8. broxiranger

Whatever Timmy. You outed yourself today. No Rangers fan would have sided with that referee. Away back to kerrydale!!

dutchblue and rangers77 like this.
  9. Pathfinder

Did you read any off my posts? where in any of them did i side with the ref? Where in any of my posts did i say Jack should have been sent off? The only thing i stated was if you use your hands you run the risk of getting sent off. Read them and come back and tell me if you think i support "Them".

10. broxiranger

You were mixing it up all day, not one Bear was on the same page. Pathetic really how someone gets enjoyment out of pretending to support an opposing club. Away home and take your applause.

dutchblue likes this.
  11. Pathfinder

That's right, don't let the facts get in the way of the truth eh! You made a fool of yourself with your last post claiming somethings i had done was not true. Then came up with another fairytale about something else i did to deflect your own ignorance about the previous claim. I'm gutted NOT. Block me if you do not agree problem solved.

12. Arh_itsnotjustagame

Arh_itsnotjustagame Club 1872 Contributor

Yo, @Pathfinder and @broxiranger. No disrespect to either of you but it's been a long day, perhaps you guys should just pack it in for the night. When it gets to this point it kind of just shuts the thread down.

haggises, Karl in SC, Widget and 2 others like this.
  13. broxiranger

Whatever Timmy. No need to out you anymore tonight. Your too good at it. Go trim lemons pubes.
    Code:
    Probably should have told me that before my last post :shock:

14. steing

steing DTB Reserve Sub

Our tactics in the 2nd half or should i say lack of is a big worry too. The ref situation is being used to mask how far were behind in reality. Hodson needs to go. Miller in midfield really?

Chesney likes this.
  15. dutchblue

Fuck it, let's just beat the shite out of them at their ploughed field of a ground when we play them next.

16. Chesney

Chesney DTB First Team Regular

That was my thoughts entirely.

Hodson was hopeless so I've no probs with him being replaced but, why Candeias? We've went with 2 up top, surely he's our main supply at the moment? His balls into the box have been outstanding.

Tav scored the goal, fair play but, I'd have taken Tav off instead of Candeias.

I did not understand the Peña substitution. We're chasing a game, apparently hopeful we can nick a point and we send on a guy who's struggling to adapt to life over here and has played about 20 minutes in pre season? Just seemed a bit ludicrous to me, reminded me of when Warburton threw Crooks under the bus at Tynecastle last season. It was as if Pedro has no ideas left and just threw him I'm hoping for the best.

I get that Caxiniha is an all guns blazing guy but, he should have set up better than that at half time. We came out looking like we'd given up and we're just trying to thump balls forward to Herrera and look for 2nd balls.

I was not impressed at all with the reaction after going down to 10 men. It was a ridiculous decision from the ref, especially when Stokes had done worse to Tavernier earlier in the game but, we sulked ....... Went in a wee huff and felt sorry for ourselves. Down the years how many teams have went down to 10 and still dominated the game? Loads .... Big question mark is back again.

Too many accepting excuses, there was not enough fight in that park and that's why we fell to pieces the moment it didn't go our way.

#421 Chesney, Aug 13, 2017 at 3:45 AM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 5:01 AM
    steing likes this.
  17. Christchurch Rangers

Christchurch Rangers DTB First Team Sub

Rangers looked top draw for first 20 and everything was going to plan, hibs score against run of play and then Rangers get a player sent off and its game over.

I really don't understand why we played the way we did after going down to ten men. Instead of careful passing and holding onto the ball we resorted to hit and hope and kept giving away possession as hibs had that extra player to deal with things with ease.

dutchblue, bigbillyblue and Chesney like this.
  18. finnie_uk

finnie_uk DTB First Team Regular

Still fuming from yesterday. For 20mins it was a case of how many will we win by, a sucker punch from hibs and shady defending brought them back in it but i for one was still confident we would win.

Turning point was the sending off. Shocking referreeing decisions yesterday, quite possibly the first time ive come home after the game and still been annoyed at a ref. Too many poor decisions and i agree with another poster he should be assessed and punished for an incompetent performance.

Relating to teams performance with 10 men, yes 9iar teams still won with 10 men etc but that was a special time its gone and people need to stop clinging onto that. Going down to 10men with most of the game left against any team is hard work but against a really good hibs team was always gonna be a big ask. The team kept going though and stayed in it, last year it would have been a thumping. I agree the hit and hope long ball was frustrating but hibs closed us down well and really worked the extra man very well.

I'm not disheartened by the showing because i truly believe 11v11 we would have won that game, im raging at that ref. Ps please dont start sounding like THEM with the parnanoia shit, the guy overcompensated for the home crowd maybe or just had an absolute shitter but i highly doubt he has something against us

19. Christchurch Rangers

I still don't see why jack got a red card while the hibs player who pulled the choke hold only got a yellow

please, can anyone explain?? :o_O:

Will Rangers be appealing I wonder?

dutchblue likes this.
  20. Chesney

Chesney DTB First Team Regular

Pedro said in post match interview we'll be appealing. Said he invited Beaton in to watch it with him and that he'd be appealing so I can only assume the ref will be putting in his report that it was the wrong call.

21. Christchurch Rangers

Yeh Pedro needs to get Beaton to watch it him and Pedro should invite the mexican cartel to the viewing as well.

Life's pretty cheap in Mexico Mr Beaton so make sure you get the decision right :D;

broxiranger likes this.
  22. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

Still don't want to comment too much on yesterday's game, hate doing that when I didn't see it all, but now, after having a fair idea of how it all panned out, I'm sticking to my not at all disheartened stance.

The sending off was obviously a turning point & it was harsh imo still.
    Added to the fact that we had hit the post, had a few other early chances to score & that one of their goals was a total fluke, I'm comfy in thinking that game could have went either way.

I still say last years teams arse would have crashed & we would have been nursing a very sore jaw this morning instead of having seen our team narrowly lose out on scraping a point against the odds.

I've read that our performance was suspect at times yesterday & some of PC's decisions were to me a bit strange but that ain't the first time I could say that about him & more often than not, his shuffling of his pack results in a favourable outcome.

As for them being on a whole different level ?
    I don't know.
    Maybe I suppose.
    But if they are I'm not entirely convinced that level is so far ahead of everybody else.
    Far as I heard they were lucky the other nite & a one nil win against Patrick ain't exactly barcaesque.

23. Zepp

Zepp DTB Star Player

Exactly mate, I just let them believe their own hype.... we were pretty comfortable few mistakes here and there, bit unlucky hitting the post but never out of the game until the sending off.

Strange he didnt pull morelos or miller for rossiter but I think he was trying to make it to half time then sort it..... then spawny own goal was just what we didnt need.

Odd sticking herrera, won a good few knock downs but noone to support him being a man down, on for candeias but taking hodson off was the correct decision, he brings nothing to our game either offensively or defensively.

All in all gutted we lost but we will get better, of that im sure and as you said earlier this was a good time for a wake-up call if they thought this league was going to be a stroll in the park.

24. Widget

Widget DTB First Team Regular

He couldnt fn wait to do it. The way he went about booking Candyass was like a teacher who hated a pupil.

I also said to my boys we would get a man sent off.

We can all argue or call each other tims but the plain simple truth is we were never gona win that game because the cheating pape in the black wasnt gona allow it. Stokes shouldve been off after 5 mins and how him and that mcgeogh stayed on the park is beyond belief. The c*** that started the sending off incident didnt even get spoken to.

Beaton is blatant cheat and we should demand action against him.

Iaing, dutchblue, Cody and 3 others like this.
  25. 1912

1912 DTB First Team Regular

The smelly c***s across the city would have these useless bastards on strike again if that was their game, thinking it's about time we try some similar.......

26. Lochy

Lochy Club 1872 Contributor

Yes - we are appealing that decision but unfortunately can't appeal the effect playing with 10 men had for best part of a game. Still swings and roundabouts and some decisions will go in our favour and hopefully a good few howlers to come for that Easter Rd mob ....always were one of the "feistier" teams we played but sheesh the feisty has changed to the "hated" now ...what Pedro n the new guys thought I dread to think- but definitely great experience (even for the experienced ones and Latinos with the latino temperament)- Welcome to Scottish fitba, guys.

Had a look at Willie Vass pics...
    Lemmon must be reported - inciting the crowd - evidence there!

Widget, Pathfinder, dutchblue and 3 others like this.
  27. hudda daddeh

hudda daddeh Moderator
    Staff Member

He has been reported. His defence is that all he was doing was celebrating a goal and that he has no case to answer

broxiranger likes this.
  28. joc

joc DTB First Team Regular

Reckon it was because of heads with stokes pushing his head towards Jack.

29. Lochy

Lochy Club 1872 Contributor

Pity Stokes mentioned the cupping gesture two days before - so it was planned not spontaneous in the event of a GIRUY happening.

Pathfinder, dutchblue and broxiranger like this.
  30. highpie

highpie DTB Reserve Regular

In that same clip you see McGinn put hands on Dorrans twice and push him back. What's your thoughts on these actions?

31. Evaldo

Evaldo Club 1872 Contributor

Lennons tactics offto a tee.
    He has managed to manufacture the always cheated never defeated mantra onto this Hibs side nd i"m convinced this has a bearing on the officials.
    His sides are always set up to antogonise and disrupt play ,knowing full well that more often than not they will side with him or bare the wrath from him and his cohoorts in the media.
    Terrible performance from the officials yesterday.
    Put the shoe on the other foot then make your conclusion.:hmm:

Pathfinder, dutchblue and GG like this.
  32. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

@broxiranger @Pathfinder fucking wise up you pair of cuntflaps.

Arguing at stupid o'clock on a Saturday night/Sunday morning for fuck sake.

There's more to life than this massively overhyped and overrated sport.

Widget, Pathfinder and dutchblue like this.
  33. SL Loyal

SL Loyal Club 1872 Contributor

Like a pair of cuntflaps....I agree

Zepp, energysea and Cobretti like this.
  34. broxiranger

Blue_Blood, dutchblue, Zepp and 3 others like this.
  35. steing

steing DTB Reserve Sub

Correct ruins the weekend too. Candeias has been one of the positives so aye that was a bad decision. Thats 3 times they have beat us 3-2 and one of biggest problems in all 3 games is someone running off Tav, stokes murdered us in that game at easter rd same again in cup final then murray picks up that exact same position for the first goal yesterday. Hibs done us and I hope thats a big lesson learnt.

Positives was the strong start, morelos looks a finisher and candeias for me. Hearts next week no excuses 3 points and a statement has to be made.

36. bluegenes

bluegenes DTB Supporter

Watched goals again...first two were result of poor defending...Cardoso sold himself at first,and Hibs player was allowed to get the shot off for Tav's deflection when ball should have been cleared.I know Alves and Cardoso need time,but the short argument is?we haven't got time,whatever any of us think.pumping Dunfermiline didn't convince me that we were gonna win league,and losing to Hibs doesn't convince me we won't. If,as I have said before,we are still having threads like this in October,we won't be viable contenders.....we play in bursts,then seem to go off the pace.....and that has to change. Windass sums us up...seems to come alive for 5 or 10 minutes then goes flat.Dorrans is class,but he's not a perpetual motion man,and Niko won't ever dominate another midfield physically. Another big game next week..one ,imo,we HAVE to win,three games in or not.

37. bigbillyblue

bigbillyblue DTB Trialist

back in the day with the gorams laudrups and gasgoines,,we could have someone sent off and still win the game with style ,,but it looks like we are going to have to fight for every point this season,,and everyone and their auntie is against us,,hence the "NOBODY LIKES US WE DONT CARE" ,,,
    We have spent pennies compared to the soap dodgers across the road,,but its the situation we are in and until we start winning the league again its going be a scrap,,unless we get some arab prince with loads o dosh.

38. obiwan72

obiwan72 DTB First Team Regular

I would have to disagree. First septic arent really great atall. Partick almost had them on friday. 2nd on paper at least our team should be at least a match for them.
    Yesterday we were cheated, plain and simple. Wont deny we could have played a fair bit better as weve seen us do in previous games. Also think the team got a little caught up in the atmosphere. Imho though, 2 -3 weeks and well be putting them all to the sword

39. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Normally I would probably agree with you on your ref statement
    On this occasion I have to strongly disagree.
    Off top of my head
    Stokes should have been sent off on at least two occasions but isn't
    McGeogh gets away with persistent fouling and diving .
    Jack did no more at sending off than Mcgeogh,Mcginn,Stokes and the guy that fouled Dorrans ( fecked if I can remember his name)
    Beaton is a cheat and knew EXACTLY what he was doing, Should never be allowed to officiate in a SPFL premiership game again.

Karl in SC, Widget and Zepp like this.
  40. Always Blue

Always Blue DTB Star Player

Beaton should stay at home with Mrs Beaton. Was Mrs Beaton not some cook that wrote books. Anyway her husband is a big pudding and should stick to cleaning the kitchen worktops.

wkdblueeyes, Cody and broxiranger like this.
  41. steing

steing DTB Reserve Sub

Theres no denying we were robbed but surely a team can play with 10 men we were so off the pace after that it was still a concern. Why stokes wasnt sent off was redic amd your right mcgeouch got away with murder.

The refs decisions we cant change lets hope we can change the way pedro makes fucking redic subs.

Lets put this one down to a bad day at office and move onto next week.

Blue_Blood and Cody like this.
  42. dutchblue

He didn't, he's corrupt!

43. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Quote of the weekend!!

image.jpeg

44. Pathfinder

If he though Jack's was a sending off offense McGinn,Stokes, Mcgeouch to name but a few Hiv's in that melee should have walked. Stokes should not have been on that pitch by that time. It is a football pitch not a Judo mat.

Karl in SC likes this.
  45. dutchblue

Just saw that sending off clearly and not only was it not a red card, it was barely a yeallow.

And what about the shite, McGinn I thought that ran in and pushed Dorrans, where was his red.

Not saying anything about Strokes as we all know he's a wanker.

I'm 100% behind any campaign to get Beaton kicked out of football and a hard look at most refs biased against us in recent years.

Haliday booked for celebrating a goal to his own fans, sour lemon allowed to get away with total vindictive nasty celebrations to the Ibrox stand by cupping his ear.

The corruption runs deep.