1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rangers Wishlist

Discussion in 'Rangers Transfer Talk' started by Bob, May 9, 2016.

1. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Moderator
    Staff Member

Please be true

[​IMG]

gustuan and GG like this.
  2. Zepp

Zepp DTB Star Player

Can he play in defence though?

AllAboutTheGers likes this.
  3. SL Loyal

SL Loyal Club 1872 Contributor

Being Brazilian he probably disnae kick wi the right foot for us...if yi catch my gist! :wink:

4. Maximus

Maximus DTB First Team Sub

Should Bristol City sell their striker Jonathan Kodjia before Wednesday's transfer deadline, they may make a move for Rangers' Martyn Waghorn. (Daily Mail)

Wish it is only paper talk

5. Bruno55

Bruno55 DTB Star Player

Is
    is wee ally still with us???

6. RFCJoshy1690l

RFCJoshy1690l DTB First Team Sub

I know the window had just shut and it months before the next but does anyone see a player they fancy to play for us? Anyone you we're hoping would sign in the summer and hope to maybe sign in January or later?

I would have liked lee Gregory from millwall (striker) had a great season and looked the type of player that could do a job up here

7. always been a ger

always been a ger DTB First Team Regular

Bertrand Traore (think that's his name anyway) plays for Ajax, He's got good ball skills and takes players on for fun or at least he did in the game i watched.
    There was another youngster playing as well called Dolberg who scored a couple of goals also looked good.

Karl in SC and RFCJoshy1690l like this.
  8. Karl in SC

Karl in SC Club 1872 Contributor

I think a true striker is definitely needed. Too many missed chances so far this season.

9. LONDONBEAR

LONDONBEAR DTB First Team Regular

I agree with @Karl in SC really crying out for a striker, needed one on Sunday

Karl in SC likes this.
  10. aberfoyle-blue

aberfoyle-blue DTB First Team Regular

a good stiker would be good
    a great striker would be great

11. Jonno

Jonno DTB Addict

We have two good strikers, sadly Mr Warburton likes them to rotate around up front and they end up on the flanks

12. Chesney

Chesney DTB First Team Regular

We ain't going to be able to pick up a Dembele any time soon.

We need to find the likes of Dodoo, who wasn't established first team player, give them the chance and let them make a name for themselves.

I would think Dodoo will be wonder why he signed for us. He's went from 5th choice at Leicester to 4th choice with us. If he wanted to make his name playing cup games against lower league opposition he'd have penned a new deal with Leicester and maybe went out on loan.

Anyway, there has to be more gems down the lower end of the divisions in England. Gray, Vardy, Antonio have all emerged in recent years.

I think the "wish list" mentality is what's got us to where we are now ..... Everyone would love a big name or 2. We get Barton and Kranjcar and it's got us nowhere.

I WISH we just kept bringing in young and hungry talent.

Karl in SC likes this.
  13. Eckhailitchenko

Eckhailitchenko DTB First Team Sub

14. Chesney

Chesney DTB First Team Regular

15. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

New manager, new assistant manager, a new squad.

THanks.

Bob and Chesney like this.
  16. tjmack

tjmack DTB Supporter

We have players who can play - just not in a system designed by a management team who will not adapt to counter the opposing teams.

Keep (some of) the players and get someone who knows what he's doing at the helm. It's the cheaper option.

Chesney and Karl in SC like this.
  17. Campne

Campne DTB Pub Team

We could do a lot worse than poaching a couple of talented youngsters from other SPL clubs. Take Louis Moult from Motherwell - if we throw in O'Halloran as a sweetener could get him without breaking the bank. Jamie Walker from Hearts, possibly need to outlay 2.5 or 3m for him, and stick in a sell - on clause, but he's worth that. Then stiffen up the defence - young Patrick Bauer at Charlton looks like one to watch for the future.

No idea if any of these might happen, but not too unrealistic if we're prepared to spend 5-6m in the summer. Get rid of Kiernan, Garner and O'Halloran to make space on the wage bill. Then see if we can pick up a decent experienced defender (not in the Clint Hill sense) on the cheap, or free. Oh, and give Kenny Miller a new contract, and don't ship out Hardie on loan again.

Squad doesn't need major surgery, just clear out some dead wood and pick up 3 or 4 good replacements.

18. james stirling

james stirling DTB Trialist

you are right mate u will get pelters for that as he is even slower than clint hill and rangers need more pace at the back. to say he has a few seasons in him in my opinion is crazy as he doesnt even have this season left in him and china will want him.

id like to see vlad back with us but think it would cost us more money than he is worth.
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    for me mate u are overpricing hearts players by about 200%
    1 mill for walker tops and i mean tops but yeah he is a good player and id give him a go.
    id like to see Hayes and Rooney get a shout with us and maybe get them both for about 2.5 mill if we throw in MOH.
    mcginn isnt proven at this level and look how hard we found the step up so not till he proves his worth plus he supports the manky mob.
    Code:
    liverpool dont value rossiter at 8 million that is just a number they came up with that would be compensation for their training of the player and they would have accepted 6 from english clubs .

19. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

I wouldn't take anybody from that Aberdeen team.

BorderBear72 and Eckhailitchenko like this.
  20. james stirling

james stirling DTB Trialist

liverpool dont value r
    thats why i said if i was going to take anyone id take them but personally i think if we are to get closer to that lot ten we need better quaity than whats here. although i think rooney would get 25+ goals a season for us

21. bluegenes

bluegenes DTB Supporter

I'd take Rooney in a minute mate, goals to games ratio is up there with the best, and pretty much equals Garners bookings to games ratio.

Zepp likes this.
  22. Eckhailitchenko

Agreed. And wouldn't take anyone from any other SPL team either. Not unless it's a youngster that we've been scouting.

AllAboutTheGers likes this.
  23. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

I wouldn't argue that point troops.

It's just my inbuilt hatred of all things sheep that's doing the talking.

That & 4 pints of Black Isle Lager & a couple of vodys

:thumbsup:

Zepp likes this.
  24. bluegenes

bluegenes DTB Supporter

[​IMG]

25. LJ1987

LJ1987 DTB Pub Team

We should be selling - Waghorn, Garner, MOH, Forrester, Tavernier, Wilson, Kiernan, Sendros, Halliday - Obviously Hyndman will go back to bournemouth but would like him anohter season and Toral will be going back.

I would take Adam Rooney he is proven to score goals in the SPL as is Lewis Moult who is only 24 and again scores goals.
    Vlad Weiss im sure everyone would take back but wages would probably be an issue
    Id take naismith back if we could agree a decent wage for him

we've got to trust pedro and the players he has been linked with, They might be unknown to us but if he knows them and wants them then thats got to be good enough for us. Never know guys link rashid sumalia and jose abella might be hidden gems that in a few years move on to bigger and better things for much more money such as celtic did with likes of yanwama and van dijk

26. Eckhailitchenko

Wouldn't sell Wilson Halliday Garner or Tav as they're at very least good enough to be squad players. Wouldn't take 3 of 4 you want to bring in but Naismith maybe if it was a free and he was paid within our pay structure.

27. Bruno55

Bruno55 DTB Star Player

What I dont understand is and I'm not trying to drag us backway is that we should have been pushing forward one of our own young players so one of them won young player of the year and built up their confidence instead of a player who isn't ours win it. Last year we had hardie, Thompson Murdoch all on our bench fighting to make a name for themselves. Another thing that's bugging me is whether it's true or not? Maybe a few of our older supporters could help us out the likes of coby, BG, lochy, Evaldo, hudda, jeezo there tons of you lol I've heard thru that dredded drain pipe that young Toral refused to play against the jungles last week surely that wasn't true? Im talking about a youngster who was on Barcelona's books and now arsenal. The excuse was he had a rib injury. We even had young gedion having a good game against them and scoring in the penalty decider which will keep his confidence going in the years to follow. This season we've ended up with loads of midgets on our bench and none of them can win YPOTY....
    Code:
    I wouldnt sell them either cos who's gonna buy them?? Lol. What ever happened to wilsons hearts form when they won the championship,??

28. LJ1987

LJ1987 DTB Pub Team

HAHAHA i agree whos gonna buy them....nobody, maybe MW might take Tav to forest but thats me being hopeful

Halliday, Tav & Wilson are terrible....That has been shown this season that they couldnt make step up to SPL from championship.
    Hearts fans were delighted when we took wilson of them.

Lewis Moult, Adam Rooney are much better than Waghorn & Garner. FACT

29. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

We won't be selling Halliday because nobody will buy him plus he's on a contract until 2020 on probably the best money he'll make in his career so we'll likely have no choice to use him as a squad player.