1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Rangers FC Pedros Reaction Presser

Discussion in 'Rangers FC News and Chat' started by deekmac, May 18, 2017 at 12:23 AM.

1. deekmac

deekmac DTB Star Player

2. bigbluenose

bigbluenose DTB First Team Regular

Very honest view of the game.
    He knows half the team are not worthy to wear the jersey

dougruss84 and dutchblue like this.
  3. dutchblue

dutchblue DTB Star Player

Correct BBN, he knows what he wants, we just don't have the players to fulfil the desire.

Here's hoping next season will bring better and his honesty with players he does not want, even though on long contracts will fuck off after a talk with him.

4. Iaing

Iaing DTB First Team Sub

I agree, there are lots of people who want to have a pop at him at the moment but the time to judge him is at the end of next season when hopefully we will have made a lot of progress. We urgently need to sort out our midfield with some quality signings and it would be good if we see a fully fit Kranjcar and who knows Rossiter back. We also need 2 central defenders but I am sure Pedro already knows all of this.
    It has,however, been good to see him blood some of our younger players.

For sure I would have loved to see us beat Aberdeen last night but the bottom line is it does not matter that much. The important thing is that we have qualified for Europe next season and hopefully we will have a far better team.

5. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

It's not hard to see why folk are having a pop.
    Tbh, I'm glad the seasons nearly over so it all calms down slightly, there's nothing more to be gained now, the teams in a mess & the final curtain for this campaign can't come quick enough.
    He's here for a bit yet & this close season & his signing strategy is going to be crucial.
    With players hopefully returning from injury & new signings & a new season to start from scratch the despondency will lift for sure.
    But he has to get his shit together quick, it's not been good enough so far & if we start next season looking anything like we have done recently, the natives will not be pleased & I doubt they will take too long in letting him know.

Chesney and Zepp like this.
  6. exthreepa

exthreepa DTB First Team Regular

Maybe I'm missing something, they started stronger than us!
    Now after all the pre-match hype any manager worth his salt would have known Aberdeen would come flying out the blocks looking for the early goal.
    The team should have been set up to make sure that didn't happen.

I just hope Pedro is not relying on Rossiter, and Kranjcar, to turn it round.
    Rossiter maybe, but Kranjcar at best would be a luxury we can't afford we need battlers who will be available week in week out.

All we can do now is wait and see who comes in and who goes out.
    We need to get the new season off to a wining start if we're playing catch up after half a dozen games its going to be another long season.

AllAboutTheGers, Chesney and Cobretti like this.
  7. Chesney

Chesney DTB First Team Regular

We're on the same wave length here, I can only see Kranjcar being useful as a sub or if we're dominating sides at the bottom end. I wouldn't have him in my 11 against anyone in the top 6 if we're playing anywhere near the level we have this term.

He's nothing more than a luxury or a gamble that you take when your needing a bit of magic with 20-15 mins to go.

exthreepa likes this.
  8. bigbluenose

bigbluenose DTB First Team Regular

So the board get rid of pedro like you want.
    Then select a new manager who will want his own players and say that does not work and we do the same again .

We cant just keep getting rid of managers .
    We need a 5 year plan and stick it out with the current manager.
    We cant keep rebuilding

9. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

As far as I'm concerned he has only been assessing the dross that we have up until now.
    I'll be kind and say some of his formations have been questionable.
    For all we know that might have been part of his assessment.
    His job really begins on Monday, when he begins building his own squad
    Let's see what he brings to the table before passing judgement.

GG, bigbluenose and Zepp like this.
  10. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Im not waging an online campaign for him to be sacked m8.
    After the debacle against them, would I personally have got rid of him ?
    Yes, I would have, that was ridiculous & embarrassing & entirely avoidable.
    But that's me talking, not the board, myself, an angry fan after a game that was an utter shambles.
    But I know the score.
    Yes, we need continuity.
    No, we cannot afford to appoint managers & sack them weeks later & be forced to pay out millions in compensation.
    Don't get too worked up about it, he's getting his chance & as I've said, I'm as intrigued as the next guy to see what he comes up with.
    As much as I personally don't rate him so far, I don't want to see him fail, that only sets us back even further & I will be delighted to be proven wrong.
    But what I say doesn't matter, like all managers he will be judged on results & performances.
    Which haven't been very good so far.
    So he needs to up his game & get this squad motivated, organised & fighting for the jersey.
    If he does, then next season we will improve & if he doesn't, then he will be lucky to see another 5 months in the job never mind 5 years.

11. Jako

Jako DTB First Team Regular

The fact is some of his team shapes have been weird , but as has been said his job is too assess what he has ( or hasnt ) got and the only way to find out if they can do any other job is to try them in a game situation , because any cnut can look good in a knock about . Dont get me wrong i openly said i would have preferred T W or Deek and that still stands , but part of that was the fact they already knew what we had and it may have saved a bit of the grief ! . I will be honest and say i dont envy the man he has a load of dead wood IMHO and very little time to sort it , or at least IMPROVE it ......but thats what he is paid for . The young guys have been a bonus , and i reckon most of them will be fine when they are beside better players .........and THERE is the rub as my old man used tae say ! .

AllAboutTheGers, Zepp and Cody like this.
  12. Bruno55

Bruno55 DTB Star Player

This Aberdeen mince will be easy to get at. We have got to start to bring in our quality cos they are not a good side and mcinnes knows it...

GG likes this.
  13. 1912

1912 DTB First Team Regular

Starting to like the way this guy is doing things to be honest.......

He's found 4 young lads we never knew we had, most will agree they have a fair bit of potential and appear to be better than those that others persevered with.

He tried with those that had failed others, and soon found out their ineptness and stopped selecting them.

Think the tactics thing we're seeing is done to clueless players who are on there way more than his tactics.

Always Blue, GG, Steinberger and 4 others like this.
  14. deekmac

deekmac DTB Star Player

Can you emagine Souness or Smith saying to the team before kick off... Don't hit them from the kick off and let them come at us and bully us off the park in the 1st half???
    Well I don't think so! The attitude from the kick off should be to Dhow your worthy of Wearing The Rangers Jersey and win the Fukn game from the 1st whistle until the Final Whistle!and if you have to kick a few players then Go Do You Job and Get A Win At Home For Your Fans!!!

AllAboutTheGers likes this.
  15. "The Oracle"

"The Oracle" "Winter is coming"

Some charlatan fekers need a hard look at themselves at the wages most, if not all of us can only dream about.......No happy...

bigbluenose, AllAboutTheGers and Zepp like this.
  16. Bruno55

Bruno55 DTB Star Player

He's found four young players WE did know about if you follow your development teams it was Warburton who never knew their potential as he probably never knew they existed cos he was to busy bringing in his own crap....

Karl in SC and GG like this.
  17. Zepp

Zepp DTB Star Player

Aye ok bruno lol

18. 1912

Murty never played them in his games in charge either and he ran the U20's, so 2 couldn't see the potential that Pedro has.......

Don't know as much on the development as YOU obviously, but don't recall reading many calls, if any, for Berjonas, Bates, A Wilson or Beerman to get a game ahead of the dross that played most of the season.......

19. GG

GG S/T HOLDER

Spot on , we were shouting at warburton to use them ...
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    guys on fb were asking for them to be played ...what murty did was start imvolving them on matchdays , getting used to the atmosphere ...they were on park training with first team before game . I do think if murty stayed as manager he would have then again the way injuries are gathering maybe there was no option but to play them ...

Bruno55 likes this.
  20. Bruno55

Bruno55 DTB Star Player

Couch loyal" fans aren't up to-date with reserve information gg lol....

GG likes this.
  21. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

Oy u

IMG_4509.GIF

22. GG

GG S/T HOLDER

Pity , cos its great to go watch them and see how they progress through the season bruno ...
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    [​IMG]

SL Loyal likes this.
  23. WL.GER4EVER

WL.GER4EVER DTB First Team Regular

To be fair to Warburton , he actually signed Bates and Beerman and this is Wilsons first year as a pro .If he ignored anybody it was Hardie , McCrorie , Thompson and Burt (where has he gone ?). Pedro has had to play them especially in defence with all the injuries we suddenly have , it has probably a bit early for some of them but it has worked out well as they have done well . The injuries we have had recently have been the worst for a long time and has left us really short in midfield too .This is the only reason that Toral is still playing .

24. GG

GG S/T HOLDER

Murty is the guy who has brought them on , bates was signed on a development loan from raith then given a contract in jan ... warburton would never have played them in my opinion cos hed still be playing kiernon woulda put halliday in LB and probably kept Hill , but thats not a bad thing.
    Burt is still at rangers , contract till may'18

Bruno55 likes this.
  25. 1912

Here we go with the uber fan nonsense, travel week in week out from Newcastle for a start.........

Point was, he's willing to give players a shot, regardless of age, if they're good enough then they'll play. Granted some might be from injury, but dam sight better than playing players out of position. The bench has had senior options when he chose youth and brought the young ones on and left Holt and Halliday sitting on the bench...

26. Bruno55

Bruno55 DTB Star Player

At least the injuries we had we've had players to cover them... in super Allys reign the players pretented to be injured and we were forced to play young lads....

27. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

Craig Mulholland would have been the one that signs players for the development squad wouldn't he?

GG and Bruno55 like this.
  28. WL.GER4EVER

WL.GER4EVER DTB First Team Regular

Not saying Warburton would have played them , in fact history shows he probably wouldn`t but he certainly signed Bates and as the manager would have had a say in Beerman coming in from City .I knew Burt was still around but just wondered why he is not being involved at the moment as he was supposed to be a wonder kid

GG likes this.