1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranoia

Discussion in 'Rangers FC News and Chat' started by BLUECHIP, Aug 13, 2017 at 10:16 AM.

1. BLUECHIP

BLUECHIP DTB First Team Sub

This is not Paranoia, this is downright cheating. As if we haven't suffered enough at the hands of this excuse of a footballing country full of nasty football teams and their nasty tarrier minority of fans. The biggest culprit of course is the beast from the East and yesterday's performance from cheetin Beaton is the result of that lot badgering referees and the football authorities for years. Dallas bottles it for fear of reprisals and Beaton does the same the following day.

I urge Rangers Football Club, Dave King and Club 1872 to issue a statement on all that is wrong with this festering footballing backwater.

To Paul Murray, build bridges? Stick your bridges up your a**e and come into the real world.

This is war.

And breathe.
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    Oh, I forgot to add, could you see Jock Wallace putting up with this shit.

Exactly.

Man up Mr.King.

2. Westsussexbear

Westsussexbear DTB Reserve Sub

Agree 100per cent. John Beaton was so biased against us, it was almost laughable. Remember his name, I can assure you it will come up again for decisions against us.
    This excuse of a referee should never be allowed anywhere near Ibrox again.
    We need those in charge of Rangers FC to complain to the SFA in the strongest possible way.
    Disgusting performance from a vile Referee and should not be tolerated. This guy has really pissed me off !

3. SL Loyal

SL Loyal Club 1872 Contributor

We have been bullied by every man and his fuckin dug for the last 5 years!
    We all know the only thing that bullies respond to and are frightened of....over to you now Mr King!

4. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

Aye. Fucking dick robbed us out of a draw.

5. Jako

Jako DTB First Team Regular

I think he made an ar+e of it absolutely , and it was obvious after the Stokes debacle he never had the balls for it . I dont want to see us getting Para like them , so i would rather we just start taking the fkn chances we make and just doin them on the park . All this conspiracy stuff has me feeling like a Mhank .

6. Sophia Watson

Sophia Watson Girlies

John Beaton has constantly come up for criticism about the quality of his refereeing decisions over the past three years. Kenny Miller criticised him for the way he handled the very harsh tackles in the Sceptic game last April.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Miller-says-referee-John-Beaton-lenient.html

Even Keith Jackson has consistently criticised him on Twitter and newspaper reports. Remember the Hamilton game and the Joe Garner tackle? That was Beaton too.

Btw Beaton is communications officer at Strathclyde University ! ha !

7. hudda daddeh

hudda daddeh Moderator
    Staff Member

^^ This^^

8. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Moderator
    Staff Member

9. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

The definition of Paranoia is IMAGINING something that didn't happen actually did.
    There is no paranoia in this occasion Beaton was BLATANTLY bias against Rangers yesterday.
    Everyone in the Stadium yesterday witnessed it and I am led to believe the O'Daily Rhecord have even labelled Jacks sending off BIZARRE, coming from that rhag that says it all imo.
    Code:
    FFS Ron just when I was starting to calm doon.
    Looks even feckin WORSE now.

10. dutchblue

dutchblue DTB Star Player

That ref yesterday was plain and simply a SFA appointed crook.

The tried to kill us with their draconian punishments, they filled up their board with Rangers hating Jacobites and employed a lot of nasty, crooked refs they could depend on to punish us continually, forever.

As a club, we have to make this type of corrupt referring a media scandal. Fuck being like anybody else, cause if this continues, we will be like the rest of them and never win anything again.

If there's a paranoia club, I'm a fully paid up member to the cause. This getting ridiculous.

11. GG

GG S/T HOLDER

Thats assault !!!!!!!

12. Pathfinder

Pathfinder DTB First Team Sub

Someone who was at the match should report seeing the crime of assault on Tav. The Feds will have to investigate it by law regardless if anything comes from it at least others will get the message you will not get away with it against us. What would the Feds have done if the had seen that on a Friday night on the high street? walk away doubt it very much.

BLUECHIP, bigbluenose and GG like this.
  13. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Spot on and the precedent was set by the authorities all those years ago when Woods Butcher Roberts and Mcavvennie were hauled through the courts for less FAR FAR less.

BLUECHIP, Westsussexbear and GG like this.
  14. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

I think every bear would prefer it that way, indeed, to me that is what I'd expect from us.
    But there comes a time in every situation where you have to finally say no, draw a line in the sand & stick to your guns & say enoughs enough.
    The definition of a conspiracy far as I'm aware is explained as two or more people colluding & scheming to bring about an outcome that is favourable to them.
    Which is more or less the entire script of Scottish Football for the last 5 years.
    It's only paranoia if it isn't real m8.
    This shit our club & fans have endured in recent years is as real as it gets.

15. joc

joc DTB First Team Regular

Big Duncan Ferguson got jailed for less.

BLUECHIP, mccoist and Pathfinder like this.
  16. SL Loyal

SL Loyal Club 1872 Contributor

Spot on mate!

17. Jako

Jako DTB First Team Regular

I know what your getting at AAG but whats the answer ? start acting like those PRKS and moaning our butts off everytime something goes against us ? . FK THAT ! we made plenty of chances to bury them and never took them . I was ragin yesterday ( esp at that RAT Lennon ) but we will never change the position the rattlers have got themselves into since we went down .I say the ONLY way to sort this is on the park and we cant blame any other cnut for missing our chances .....WE ..RANGERS are the only people who can sort this . On a positive note i feel much better about Ped .....i think he,s going to do just fine .

ronto, doubledutch and Pathfinder like this.
  18. 1912

1912 DTB First Team Regular

Had some time to reflect on everything and for a long time, my initial response was spot on..........

This is not paranoia and if not blantant bias, it quite evidently incompetent on the behalf of the referee. I counted 3 flash points yesterday, involving multiple players from both sides on two occasions and a continual offender involved in a 3rd. So, what we saw was several yellows to Rangers and 1 to HIV's in these 3 incidents, the 1 being Provo Stokes which arguably was red.

My question is this, how can you have 2 multiple player melees and a only produce a single yellow to a player that in the course of 36 minutes grabbed Tav in a headlock, squared up to Bruno, went head to head with Jack and grabbed Jack by the neck....??? That would suggest, that no other HIV players ran in, squared up to or lifted hands to a Rangers player in all the melees we witnessed.

Karl in SC likes this.
  19. Blue_Blood

Blue_Blood DTB Reserve Regular

Totally agree. Lets stick to the incompetence rather than the conspiracy claims. Even if, as some suggest, some officials are biased, this will show up under incompetence anyway.
    Code:
    Stonewall yellow for Tav. What was he thinking?

20. Pathfinder

I am in agreement mate it is up to us to turn this around by winning on the park and we will because that is what we are all about. We may not be able to do anything about poor ref decisions (regardless of what is causing them) but when we start scoring more goals that the opposition this will negate their effects on results. The press will be forced to suppress the negative shite we receive and if they continue they will only show themselves up even to those that think we are imagining it.

ronto and Jako like this.
  21. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

I totally get ur angle bud & in many ways i support your point of view.
    I was just reading the article about this petition that's been started ...

IMG_1385.jpg

And tbh I was sitting shaking my head thinking ffs, is this what it's all came too ?
    I'm moaning as much or more than anybody about the need for change but like urself m8 & I've no doubt, like the vast majority of bears, this petitioning gig & everything else that's being mentioned fukn dismays me.

But I'm standing by what I posted earlier bud.
    There is only so much you can take & the list of shitty injustices forced upon our club & fans in the last few years is getting to the point where I'm forgetting half of it because every day or every week it seems like we've another side issue to be dealt with, it's getting fukn relentless.

We probably should have drawn a line a while back m8, our recent history imo forced our fan base to back down too often & theres now no balance at all in the game where we're concerned.

How many of us were relieved to think we'd be able to finally talk & concentrate on playing matters & on field issues after the dark days ?
    All of us m8, since DK & the 3 bears grabbed the reigns it's been battle after battle & each victory was a small step on the road to recovery.

But after every one was announced, you could be pretty sure there would be some negative stories emerging in the MSM almost immediately afterwards, something being published to take away the shine.

When the MA/SD deal news was released that was more or less the final hurdle jumped.
    The fans could now stop worrying about off field shite & concentrate their efforts on success on the park but that hasn't happened & it's not down to our club or fans, the haters & their followers seen to that.

It just keeps going on & on bud.
    Where does it end ?

Do I want to see us concentrate our efforts on the team on the park ?
    Of course.

Do I want to see the Rangers support moaning & raising petitions about injustice ?
    Definitely not.

But I don't really see what the alternative is m8.

And doing nothing won't get us anywhere.

We've done that for a few years now & look at the mess things are in.

Something has to be done imo.

broxiranger, Jako, Cody and 2 others like this.
  22. bigbluenose

bigbluenose DTB First Team Regular

We need to take action its that simple
    And there is no better time than now.

It worked for the scum liewell asked the referees and their bosses to explain decisions it caused such a stink they have been getting the rub of the GREEN since .

Time to do the same
    And keep pulling up the media for biased reporting and making up lies .

23. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Moderator
    Staff Member

24. gordierfc

gordierfc DTB First Team Regular

Like many others on here I have gone through the full range of emotions following yesterday, from disbelief, to anger to rage and then wondering if i was so bias I could not see clearly what had happened and finally to feeling helpless about a system that seems anti anything Rangers.
    Let me say I see just fine and while there may have been a coming together of heads the instigator and prime aggressor was Stokes as backed up by many pictures and videos from various angles.
    That got me thinking about last weeks game against Motherwell when we were kicked from pillar to post and remembering that I thought at time Motherwell should have had at least 2 players sent off.Guess what These 2 out of the 3 I thought about from last week were sent off against SJ. Coincidence?, maybe but then we review yesterday and guess what we are now the dirtiest team in the league if you believe the number of bookings and the red card.
    I agree with @bigbluenose but I don't think it will make any difference and the reason is simple we are not the clientele of the majority of the mhedia in Scotland and we have virtually no influence in either the SPFL and SFA while our haters rule the roost. The example of Liewell is a case in point resulting in the current outcome which was possible because he had stacked all the decision making bodies with cohorts and had the backing of a supportive mhedia who ran endless stories until it became a crisis. It doesn't mean I think we should do nothing but it does mean that it is unlikely that direct action will succeed at this point in time and we will, unfortunately need to play a longer game while gathering friends and allies who can influence policy and public opinion. Unfortunately we have been crap at the political game for far too long and through that medium is the only way we will change things.
    I will now take my paranoia and go and lie down in dark room.

BLUECHIP, broxiranger, ronto and 3 others like this.
  25. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Not genned up on it but is that not a sending off in feckin Rugby?

26. gordierfc

Stonewall red card tackle above the shoulder level. Never be allowed to happen in rugby.

27. Karl in SC

Karl in SC Club 1872 Contributor

That would get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and a possible sending off.

Cody likes this.
  28. Westsussexbear

Westsussexbear DTB Reserve Sub

I'm hoping for a Statement from Dave King in the next couple of days, and fully expect he will deliver.
    This issue needs a strong reply to the SFA demanding action regarding the Officials inept and corrupt performance.

dutchblue likes this.
  29. Pathfinder

Straight Red. Simple

30. Blue_Blood

Lot of focus on Beaton, quite rightly. But lets not forget the fourth official Euan Anderson (who incidently was man in the middle for Partick v Celtic the night before), and the assistants Graeme Stewart & Stuart Stevenson.

Anderson apparently ignored Lennons touchline antics even after the police brought them to his attention, was speaking in Beatons ear before the red card was shown and was attempting to stop Rangers No 2 Helder Baptista from coaching from the touchline, while apparently letting Hibs No 2 do exactly that. Pedro hinted that he wasn't happy with the fourth official and his interactions with Lennon at all.

Both assistants failed to get involved in any of the contoversies. The obvious one being the Stokes WWE chokeslam on Tavernier, which happened right in front of one of them.

If only we had a lipreader in our group because I'd love to know what Beaton was saying to Windass as they walked to tunnel at half time. The only part I think I made out was him saying "I'm just doing my job" or something.

Anyway the point is, Is it time for Club1872 to open dossiers on officials recording their failings? This would allow them to identify the 'incompetent' ones and help to expose them, or at least bring them back into line.

You're describing a toxic anti-rangers environment which has built up over many years driven by a determined campaign to weaken, discredit and demonise the club. That's not paranoia.

dutchblue likes this.
  31. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes and No

Yes - A dangerous tackle by Morelos, his neck could have taken his arm off.

No - It was on a Rangers player.

take you pick.

32. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

A few good points u make there m8.
    Tbh, the last paragraph of you're first statement had me thinking fuk sake, is this what we have to do now ?
    Surely not.
    It's not the Rangers way.

And then I read your very last paragraph & thought yep, that sounds about right.

They failed to see us off when they thought they had the chance & the campaign of hate continues.

I honestly don't think there will ever be any kind of reconciliation in Scottish Football.

Apart from hating them for trying to finish us off, I hate them for all the trouble they continue to cause us.

Our club is now going to be faced with a divided support on the issues you speak of.

Do nothing & see things deteriorate further.

Act as they do & lower ourselves & our own image of ourselves gets tarnished.

I preferred it when we only really had to bother about all these fukers when we played them.

broxiranger and Blue_Blood like this.
  33. Zepp

Zepp DTB Star Player

34. Bearwithme

Bearwithme Club 1872 Contributor

Has the whatever he is called Officer offered a 2 match ban to Stokes yet? If not, why not?

dutchblue and Karl in SC like this.
  35. Blue_Blood

What is the current situation with retrospective red cards anyway? I've not seen anything lately.
    Code:
    Compliance officer

Bearwithme and Karl in SC like this.
  36. Bearwithme

Bearwithme Club 1872 Contributor

Aye, that's the waste of space. If anything, even more biased than Beaton

dutchblue likes this.
  37. gordierfc

@Blue_Blood
    You're describing a toxic anti-rangers environment which has built up over many years driven by a determined campaign to weaken, discredit and demonise the club. That's not paranoia.[/QUOTE]
    That's my sense of humour to lighten what is a very dark subject

AllAboutTheGers, Blue_Blood and Zepp like this.
  38. bluegenes

bluegenes DTB Supporter

I was gonna post another thought....but not sure if anybody would read it,or like it..and what if NOBODY read it????f*ck it, no gonny bother...... source.gif

broxiranger, Blue_Blood and Zepp like this.
  39. gordierfc

Have a good sleep and don't worry about them coming to get you when the lights go out. :zzz:

bluegenes likes this.
  40. Blue_Blood

Psssstttt.... @bluegenes .. don't listen to @gordierfc ... he wants you to put the lights out. Why is that?

gordierfc and bluegenes like this.
  41. bluegenes

bluegenes DTB Supporter

tenor.gif

42. "The Oracle"

"The Oracle" "Babayaga " " the boogy man"

The "Feds" this is no Elliot Ness mate....
    Code:
    The haun..............

Cody, bluegenes and Blue_Blood like this.
  43. WL.GER4EVER

WL.GER4EVER DTB First Team Regular

We should be asking for a clarification of the current rules with regard to the game on Saturday , their tactic was to send a video of each incident and ask for an explanation and we should now do the same .
    1.Why is Stokes assault only a Yellow card .
    2.What was Taverniers offence to get booked .
    3 What did Jack do to warrant a straight red
    4 Why did Stokes not get any punishment at the same incident.
    5 Why was the tackle above by McGregor on Morelos given as a foul to Hibs.
    6 Why were both Morelos and Cardozo booked for persistent fouling , indicated by the ref, but McGeouch committed numerous fouls after his booking , with no action taken.

Its time we stirred things up and defended ourselves , no one will do it for us . Last week Madden was given stick for giving us a stonewall penalty and not giving them a handball which was driven at Hodson from 5 yards away .Why ? because Motherwell spoke about it every chance they got an we said nothing .We need to get our PR team sorted out and get on the attack!!!

44. KPW477

KPW477 DTB First Team Regular

Analyse the game all you want but we would have beat them 11 v 11 or even 10 v 11. We didn't stand a chance against 12.

dutchblue, Cody and bigbluenose like this.
  45. joc

joc DTB First Team Regular

Bobby Madden 9 years a ref - 20 Celtic games 8 penalties for, 2 against. 20 Rangers games, 4 penalties for, 2 against.

WL.GER4EVER likes this.