1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foderingham to Forest

Discussion in 'Rangers Transfer Talk' started by Jonno, Aug 10, 2017.

1. 1912

1912 DTB First Team Regular

Needs to start doing his job first and come for corners and crosses in his own box, I'd settle for that.. 180 minutes of football I've watched this season and he's not came for a cross or corner and won the ball once.........

AllAboutTheGers and KilBill like this.
  2. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

Forest conceded 3 today and as you know Warburton has no concept of what defence is so hopefully he'll blame the keeper and slap in a bit for Foderingham and we'll be like "bye" and then pluck a random goalie out of the Portuguese second division.

3. esoxranger

esoxranger DTB First Team Sub

Fods is worth 10 goals a season to the opposition

Chesney, AllAboutTheGers and Zepp like this.
  4. Zepp

Zepp DTB Star Player

Probably not wrong.

esoxranger likes this.
  5. Evaldo

Evaldo Club 1872 Contributor

He just does not instill confidence in our defence.
    Time to give big Jak a run.

AllAboutTheGers and Zepp like this.
  6. Eckhailitchenko

Eckhailitchenko DTB First Team Sub

We've perhaps successfully addressed the CH problem but not the FB one. Tav is not great defensively and Wallace quite frankly lately is a bit of a powder puff. Maybe it's time to try 3 at the back or get back to Beerman unless we can add another FB.
    The above have been our problems at the back and not the goalie in my opinion.
    Granted he's not commanding at crosses but I was hoping that Alves and Cordoso would help negate that issue so maybe Fods does need to man up in that. Sure give Alnwick a league start or two but don't ship Foderingham out till we know what we have in Jak Alnwick.
    Lots of finger pointing and playing the blame game on this forum lately but we need a steady hand not a bunch of knee jerks.

7. Chesney

Chesney DTB First Team Regular

As I've said for the past 2 seasons, he's fine when he's stopping a shot from 20 yards but he's as slow as a week in the jail trying to get down to anything.

He should have been off his line narrowing the angle for the first goal but instead chose just flop himself to the ground almost.

The second goal, ok, you can say he's had it all to do but, I still think with a bit more speed and agility he'd have got to it. Other would have, there's no denying that.

No chance really with the 3rd.

Alnwick would be in that team for me whether Fod's is sold or not. I've just never rated him as I'm sure most of you are pretty aware.

AllAboutTheGers, tjmack and Zepp like this.
  8. tjmack

tjmack DTB Supporter

Not coming out either to narrow the angles or dealing with the high balls into the area. - whether it's by punching, kicking or catching (my preference) are Fods two major flaws. The little I've seen with Alnwick he's not much worse, if any, than Fods an d it would be no lost if Fods was sold.

We really need a quality keeper though, I guess we just can't afford one right now.

AllAboutTheGers, Zepp and Chesney like this.
  9. Eckhailitchenko

If we do pick up another goalie I'd like to think we'd keep the better of the other two so as we have competition between the posts. Therefore hopefully Alnwick gets a wee run to see what's what.

10. esoxranger

esoxranger DTB First Team Sub

Wish to fuk Warbs would just come and get him and we can close this thread

Chesney and BIG BLU like this.
  11. Eckhailitchenko

12. WL.GER4EVER

WL.GER4EVER DTB First Team Regular

I didn`t think he had much chance with the first , the guy wandered clean through and there was no chance to narrow the angle , unlucky with the second but I thought he was too slow reacting to the shot for the third , it was a decent hit but not exactly a rocket but it seemed to surprise him.Just goes to show how we all see things differently .

Chesney likes this.
  13. Zepp

Zepp DTB Star Player

Im surprised at this, he is ok but no better than ok.... he has more negatives than positives goalkeeping wise.