1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C1872 directors resign

Discussion in 'Rangers FC News and Chat' started by hudda daddeh, Mar 18, 2017.

1. hudda daddeh

hudda daddeh Moderator
    Staff Member

2. Bearwithme

Bearwithme Club 1872 Contributor

More in-fighting?

Ron Burgundy and gustuan like this.
  3. gustuan

gustuan DTB First Team Regular

Not at all conducive to productive management, election of replacement Board Directors being given urgency ? and obviously a statement to Shareholders will be no doubt be forthcoming.

4. hudda daddeh

hudda daddeh Moderator
    Staff Member

As you will be aware following the announcement from Club 1872, all 3 of us have resigned as directors. We considered it an honour and a privilege to be voted to serve on the board of Club 1872 by our fellow Rangers fans, and those of you who know each one of us personally will understand how painful it was for us to leave an organisation we firmly believed in and worked tirelessly to establish since our election.

We feel it is incumbent upon us to outline to members the reasons why we felt our positions had become untenable. As anyone who has served on a board or committee will know there will always be differences of opinion and varied interpretations on matters and the Club 1872 board was no different in that respect.

However, throughout our tenure we found the conduct of one director particularly challenging, causing all of us to make considerable personal compromises at times. However last week a situation arose, which we felt compromised the organisation rather than ourselves, and that was one compromise we were not prepared to make under any circumstances.

As many of you will be aware Rangers have recently advertised two job vacancies in respect of a Social Media Officer and a Supporters Liaison Officer. At Club 1872 we were informed recently that the latter of these two roles would be our main point of contact at the club in the future.

Word subsequently reached some of the Club 1872 board members that one of our directors had applied for the position of Supporters Liaison Officer. However, as no notification had been received from the director in question this matter remained as nothing more than a rumour.

Matters came to a head when the director in question intimated he, in addition to two Club 1872 directors who had already confirmed their attendance, would attend a meeting at Ibrox facilitated by Rangers Security personnel. This meeting was in respect of the forthcoming Old Firm fixture at which both Police Scotland and Club 1872 were invited participants.

As persons present at this meeting from Rangers were to be involved in the interview and recruitment process for the vacant Supporters Liaison role concerns were raised within the Club 1872 board. As nothing had yet been received in writing to the Club 1872 board this necessitated a phone call by one director to the director in question at which time it was established he had in fact applied for the role of Supporters Liaison Officer.

On such confirmation, the director in question was advised that it would not be appropriate for him to attend this meeting. In essence, we had a Club 1872 director who had applied for a job at Rangers, attending a meeting where persons from the club who were not only involved in the interview and recruitment process, but would also have direct line management responsibility for the post in question, were present.

Despite such advice and the concerns of fellow board members, the director in question attended the meeting.

We tendered our resignations shortly thereafter.

We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere apologies to all members, and in particular, those who voted for us. However, all 3 of us believe that by resigning in such circumstances we were reflecting the standards, values and principles which saw us elected.

Laura Fawkes
    Joanne Percival
    Iain Leiper

5. ronto

ronto Club 1872 Contributor

With sadness & regret, I can confirm that along with 2 fellow directors, I have tendered my resignation as a director of Club 1872
    From D'artagnan.

6. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

They've been fukn useless anyway.

7. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

Who got a little too power hungry? I've seen it before when people have been elevated into a higher position

@Stubo

yulf, Karl in SC and hudda daddeh like this.
  8. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

I'd lay cash on Houston

yulf, Jako, broxiranger and 2 others like this.
  9. Stubo

Stubo Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

AllAboutTheGers and Cobretti like this.
  10. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

AllAboutTheGers likes this.
  11. ronto

We've heard virtually nothing for months from club1872 then the last couple of weeks a couple of emails that looked rushed and panicky.
    Things have never really felt right since Rangers First were gobbled up. Dart's resignation will be the final straw for a lot of people.
    I'm still contributing monthly but now seriously questioning the wisdom of this.

12. Bearwithme

Bearwithme Club 1872 Contributor

Egos cause trouble

Ron Burgundy likes this.
  13. Jonno

Jonno DTB Addict

In my opinion these resignations are from people who hold a grudge or don't see eye to eye with whoever has applied for the supporters liaison post. Surely someone from what was meant to be the official supporters body, duly elected by members let's not forget, would be the ideal candidate for the role? By jumping ship early it seems to me that they want to draw attention to this and/or themselves. I don't see why any individual, or three individuals for that matter, who resigns should bring down the whole house of cards

gustuan likes this.
  14. ip63

ip63 DTB First Team Regular

Never have nor never will subscribe to these fans organisations who allegedly represent the real fans.
    Fucking egos get in the way, somebody gets power hungry.........all very predictable.
    I personally think ALL About has hit the nail on the head..........time will tell as these things have a habit of coming out.
    My money will go through the turnstile.....

Kriffur, yulf and AllAboutTheGers like this.
  15. AllAboutTheGers

Top Poster Of Month

I was quite keen on the idea at the start.
    I'd have considered weighing in but I was watching with interest to see what they were made of.
    I did always think that egos etc would eventually get in the way but after the trials & tribulations of the last few years I hoped that kind of thing would be shelved for the greater good.
    Looks like they've been unable to achieve this & imo they've not achieved anything else of note.
    It's very disappointing tbh.
    Any cash I spend will be going straight to the club.

yulf and ip63 like this.
  16. gustuan

Always principles before personalities , Unless the Chair's holding is 51% :wink: spot on Jonno

Jonno likes this.
  17. Chubbs

Chubbs DTB First Team Regular

double post delete admin pls
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    Sorry m8 your wrong its not a grudge CH should have informed the C1872 directors of his intention, he didnt that in itself is a mistake from CH. They have no issue CH applying for the position it was the manor that he did i

ronto, gustuan and Jonno like this.
  18. Jonno

Jonno DTB Addict

If he's applying for a paid job he has no obligation to declare an interest until the interest becomes a confirmed post. My view hasn't changed in that these three are now trying to bring down C1872 instead of working in its best interests in behalf of the support.

19. SC81

SC81 DTB Reserve Sub

20. ronto

Rangers Lotto is a good way of contributing directly to the club.
    I think you can pay £1 per week. Profits go to the youth academy.
    You can setup a direct debit.

gustuan, yulf and Always Blue like this.
  21. Always Blue

Always Blue DTB Star Player

Well said. When this buying shares started and I was with DTB some years ago I said to avoid contributing but give cash to the club instead. MY view remains the same the same.

22. wkdblueeyes

wkdblueeyes Club 1872 Contributor

Wouldn't trust CH as far as I could throw him. He does not and never will speak for me as a Rangers fan. Reluctantly signed up to c1872 but now considering moving across to Rangers Lotto. At least there's a chance of getting something back that way!

Bruno55, ronto, Gersgirl and 4 others like this.
  23. Chubbs

Which is fair enough but in this occasion 3 good directors have resigned over this, wouldnt it be better for CH to let the board know what he was intending to do before it hit the public eye??? CH is his worst enemy at times. For C1872 to be successful it needs transparency and all directors need to be up front about their intentions to be truly independent of Rangers FC things like this make fans and subscribers suspicious and question is c1872 really independent from the Rangers or is there an insider in c1872 reporting to Rangers??? Instead of looking for one replacement we are looking at 3 possibly 4 to replace the directors resigned or CH getting paid employment.

ronto, yulf and Karl in SC like this.
  24. WL.GER4EVER

WL.GER4EVER DTB First Team Regular

Was a member of Rangers First as I thought it was the best way to get our club back by buying shares as a fan group. However , I voted against the amalgamation of the fan groups to club 1872. The script was obvious , bigger group , board of directors , egos kick in , then its all about them and not about what the fans want .I`ve said before I have had no communications with them since they got together except when my Direct Debit was due to run out .As things stand I won`t renew it again , I don`t even know what they are doing with the money they collect as they are not buying shares.

ronto, gustuan, Always Blue and 2 others like this.
  25. yulf

yulf DTB First Team Sub

Might get pelters but don't give a fck.A gave my opinion on the last one who retired and got dogs abuse,if C/H thinks he's the next free loader I will personally I will go on hunger strike lol,might be a good thing.This guy has been glory hunting since the Whyte shite,I'll do the job for SFA and unite
    the supporters by listening, not for gain,a could go on and on but don't want sore fingers and abuse,think a will apply anyway:hmm:.

26. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Moderator
    Staff Member

There must be more to the story.

Either that or it's a wee hissy fit and they have thrown the toys out the pram.

Karl in SC, gustuan and yulf like this.
  27. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

As @WL.GER4EVER Joined Rangers First and transferred membership when fans groups amalgamated.
    Thought it would be a good thing but as been said egos have taken over the sensible idea it seemed to be and turned it into another clusterfuck.
    Was never one for fans groups before Rangers First took off in its fight against the rats. Appears to me that without the common enemy of the rats to focus their efforts on , the in house grievances and jealousies have reared their ugly heads and they have turned on one another.
    Got to say I don't see the problem with Craig Houston applying for the supporters liaison officer job, he has as much right to apply for the position as anyone else.
    Would say to those that find his applying for the job objectionable, why don't you also make an application and let The Rangers decide who is best suited for the job.
    Tbf on a personal level when I contacted Club 1872 with a problem I had they put me directly in touch with Stewart Robertson who acted on my behalf and sorted the problem in less than 48 hours.
    If they get back to basics they will continue to have my support,if not and the public infighting continues like many others on here and elsewhere I will have to think again.

28. Hasty72

Hasty72 Club 1872 Contributor

Maybe ive picked it up wrong but is the problem that CH has a applied for the job that would be the direct contact for club 1872 to the board. As he is on the board of club 1872, this is a big conflict of interest.He is ment to of done this behind club 1872 backs also.

AllAboutTheGers, gustuan and yulf like this.
  29. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a bit like applying to be the boss but not telling your colleagues your doing it.

Nothing wrong with it just makes you a bit of a dick meaning the you would have less respect by the Club 1872 directors. Wonder if the job was discussed at any of their meetings.

Not sure he'd get the gig anyway due to his involvement with Club 1872, and I would hope for someone a bit more neutral but still a Bear.

yulf likes this.
  30. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Carpe diem?
    image.jpeg

#30 Cody, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:23 PM
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 9:54 PM
    Rab The Ranter and Jonno like this.
  31. gustuan

Common sense tells me that based on past history I wouldn't tell a couple of them where there is a bird's nest , where is the openness, regular updates with clarity ??? Most disappointing
    Code:
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    I reiterate my statement in post #16

Gersgirl likes this.
  32. Always Blue

I really should not be in this thread as I expect my views are different to most.

I have never seen the point of buying up shares with a view to let fans control or own the club. While it is not possible to look into the future I can see no possibility of this ever happening. Rangers will be owned by millionaires who will always want control.

If a fan wants a proper say then why not just buy a few shares in their own name and thus get all the info from the club and be able to attend meetings. I would say that lots of small holdings will cost the club in keeping them advised etc.

At present if there is a vote required and members are split 51% .. 49% then the 49% have no say.

As I am not a member of this group I have no right to know what the current position is. Does anybody see annual accounts and what is the current holding and value of shares and what cash is held and where is it invested. I am not asking for this information for myself as said but I presume those who contribute are aware of the current position.

My view is that if fans wish to contribute to their club then give the cash to the club. Their are various ways to do this and it will help with the running of the club and not have cash tied up in shares or lying in a bank.

I trust nobody contributing will take offence as it is just my own view on the matter.

dougruss84, Cody, wkdblueeyes and 5 others like this.
  33. Chubbs

I will believe Art before I believe who is left as directors.

34. WL.GER4EVER

WL.GER4EVER DTB First Team Regular

Trouble was AB , at the time Rangers First started , we didn`t want to put money into the club and give it to Ashley and Co.It was a way of putting together a substantial share block that could help force change , which it did.I get what you say about buying shares as individuals , personally I just thought this was the best way to emphasise that the fans were together in this . Still glad that I did , but disappointed that momentum has stalled .

35. Karl in SC

Karl in SC Club 1872 Contributor

They actually made it longer than I thought they would without something like this happening.

ronto and gustuan like this.
  36. tjmack

tjmack DTB Supporter

It may not be the majoity view here but there's a sizeable minority, myself included, that believe the club could never be run by supporters as we have too many factions within the support. When there is a sizeable coming together what usually happens is that power goes to a select few of the more vocal and 'connected' supporters - the end result the rest of the fans are left in a position not much better off then where they started from.

And I own shares in my own right too, giving me at least the option to attend meetings and receive accounts..

37. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

Good for you!
    Seem to remember you thought Ashley was a better option than King at some stage as well.......Disnae give you a glowing track record of who to support eh?
    Only posted that statement to balance the argument NOT as a show of support for one side or the other. TBH I don't really care anymore because this washing dirty laundry in public by BOTH sides isn't good for anyone.

Cobretti and Jonno like this.
  38. Chubbs

Could you point this post out to me pls?? I dont remember siding with anyone, I still have an issue with DK but been very quiet about it as its about the team not the board Ive move maybe U should stop dwelling in the past and look forward like the rest of us. You make me laugh track record, love how you AWAYS like to make personal attacks with no substance.

39. ronto

still think Rangers First was good model.
    The same model that's worked so well at other clubs.
    As stated above most of us bought into RF as a means of fighting back at Ashley. It helped along with the season ticket boycott to force them out.
    I don't get the reticense towards fan ownership at our club. Hearts are currently building a new stand for around £3m paid for mostly by their fan ownership scheme.
    It leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you have a feeling that the whole vehicle was being manipulated just as it was taking off.
    With the swing of the pendulum not in our favour financially at the moment I would have thought we would be looking at ways of using the fan power to help the club. If it's not directly buying shares then to help more directly. If it's all done openly & above board I'm sure the vast majority of contributors to Club1872 would gladly vote to allow contributions to go to the youth development or stadium infrastructure etc.
    Instead at the moment what we have is a large percentage of Club1872 contributors becoming disillusioned & cancelling DD's.

#39 ronto, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:46 PM
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 1:05 PM
  40. Cody

Cody DTB Star Player

No substance? Personal attacks?
    Ok here is a post YOU made that suggests you think/ thought Ashley would be good for Rangers..
    Said many times on here mate I only deal in FACTS.

image.jpeg

#40 Cody, Mar 21, 2017 at 1:02 PM
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 1:21 PM
    Rab The Ranter and Cobretti like this.
  41. Cobretti

Cobretti Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Rab The Ranter and Cody like this.
  42. Always Blue

Fans don't really own any club. Hearts are Anne Budge and while fans contribute they don't at the end of the day say who comes or goes at the club etc. Barcelona is a supposed club owned by fans but that is a totally different proposition which we are not going to achieve.
    All big clubs are owned by millionaires.
    I do understand your view but at present Club 1872 is doing nothing useful for Rangers . Their share holding is too small and I expect will reduce in the future as the Directors will increase their holdings. If and when there is a new issue that is the time to buy shares with the cash going to the club.
    Meanwhile what Club 1872 has could have bought us a decent defender which is what we need.
    Your point about contributions going to youth development is great and would be beneficial. You have to ask why those controlling the cash will not do that.
    I agree with almost all your posts Ronto but we may need to disagree on this point.

43. Chubbs

hahaha is that the best U can do where in that post is there a support for MA??? I asked someone a question as to why he thinks MA is bad, does that mean I support MA, try harder

[​IMG]

44. cradle.to.grave

cradle.to.grave Club 1872 Contributor

You really have to ask why MA is bad?
    I'm amazed.
    He's an asset stripping,greedy megalomaniac without a care for the people he fucks over on order to satisfy his lust for power and money. Perhaps you think he's a rich,kind benefactor. Something of a philanthropist?
    Even to suggest he had the interests of Rangers at the heart of his dealings with the club is pure fantasy. To allow him even the benefit of the doubt is complete folly,imho.

45. Chubbs

Its an old post m8, cody highlighted that post to suggested I supported MA, which is garbage, I didnt support any of them just the team, cant you ask people for their opinions on here?? or is keyboards warriors encourage? Some have lost the art of debate, just attack or make assumptions based no evidence.