1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bruno Alves has agreed to become Pedro Caixinha’s first signing

Discussion in 'Rangers Transfer Talk' started by Arh_itsnotjustagame, May 18, 2017 at 10:28 PM.

1. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

If we signed 2 new CH's that would be fine wi me.
    If we signed Alves & played Wilson alongside him I'd be happy to see how things turned out.

2. LJ1987

LJ1987 DTB Pub Team

Unless Wilson can have a miracle turnaround in form and performance levels then a new Centre back is required to partner alves....Id be going for a liam lindsay at partick, Young, strong quick and knows the scottish game.

3. AllAboutTheGers

AllAboutTheGers DTB Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

I'm just thinking along the lines of how much have we to spend & where do we need to spend it.
    I'm assuming it's not gonna be an earth shattering amount so if they did sign Alves, I'd next like to see them target a good RB, a strong & solid midfielder & a striker that can give us a good return on goals.
    But I've always thought a team should be built from the back, sort the defence & move on from there.
    If the funds are available & 2 new CH's are signed I won't be gutted.

Chesney likes this.
  4. doubledutch

doubledutch DTB Reserve Regular

Replace us fans ? That's all you've left

5. LJ1987

LJ1987 DTB Pub Team

I tend to agree with that. Bring in Alves & another CB if there is a good standard available, Replace Tav at RB, Ryan Jack is being talked about signing who is a young physical midfielder, Would love to see Rossiter fit but not sure whats going on there. Then bring in a 20-25+ goal striker in and thats a good starting point

AllAboutTheGers likes this.
  6. Zepp

Zepp DTB Star Player

Add a couple of decent wingers and a playmaker in the middle and we might get a little closer this season.

Widget and AllAboutTheGers like this.
  7. ip63

ip63 DTB First Team Regular

We are irreplaceable mate

SL Loyal likes this.
  8. WL.GER4EVER

WL.GER4EVER DTB First Team Regular

Not sure about this , wrong side of 30, no experience of the Scottish game and always looked a bit erratic to me .It will all depend if he has any pace , we can`t afford to have another slow centre back .We seemed to be getting linked with a number of 30+ guys and we need to make sure we don`t get too many short term fixes.
    For me , we need to sort the spine of the team , 2 dominant centre backs , 2 strong central midfielders (Jack + 1 ), and 2 strikers (1 big and good in the air and the other a natural goalscorer). If we had the cash it would be nice to get cover at Right Back and some creativity in midfield either with a new winger or a genuine attacking midfielder . The problem is I would like to see some genuine quality brought in , which would reduce the quantity we could afford so it all boils down to whether the manager thinks we can get consistent performances from Tav , Holt , Windass , Dodoo, McKay , Waggy & Garner or ,having looked at them, whether they ALL need replaced .Big decisions ahead methinks.

9. doubledutch

doubledutch DTB Reserve Regular

I was going to add that but couldn't spell iirresplessiable

obiwan72 and bluegenes like this.